For one brief hour last night I thought this Peltier box was mine...

bumblebee

If that is a row of Blue Galaxies ? Which it is likely, depending on condition, which is probably very good, that is a $10,000.00-$20,000.00 box.Ā  If I won it, I would probably go to FL to get it. Forget shipping it. The seller may get a surprise when they get the 1099 for taxes at the end of the year.Ā  Over $600.00 total in sales per year on Ebay now gets the seller a 1099 for taxes due.Ā 

11 minutes ago, wvrons said:

If that is a row of Blue Galaxies ? Which it is likely, depending on condition, which is probably very good, that is a $10,000.00-$20,000.00 box.Ā  If I won it, I would probably go to FL to get it. Forget shipping it. The seller may get a surprise when they get the 1099 for taxes at the end of the year.Ā  Over $600.00 total in sales per year on Ebay now gets the seller a 1099 for taxes due.Ā 

Imagine the nightmare bad packaging scenarios! I'd probably fly to pick it up too.

Seller could do much better selling it with Morphy Auctions.

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Wow i hope the seller gets $20.000.00 plus for itĀ 

if i wanted a divorce i would of offered 10.000.00 lolĀ 

how much did you offer bumblebee if you want to answer if not all goodĀ 

I'd rather not say. I was afraid if I offered too much he'd smell a rat. ;)

BTW, seller told me these belonged to his great grandmother who lived to be 99.

11 hours ago, wvrons said:

I have been outbid. I did not ask the seller any questions. I knew well my bid would not last any time.

@wvrons, have you seen the seller's updated pictures? Condition definitely better than original photos. I was just thinking I'd never bid higher without seeing better condition photos.

Any thoughts why the Blue Galaxy is the only "fancy" NLR in that box? Maybe they produced them later?

33 minutes ago, akroorka said:

That's strange. I wonder what happened. I figured it would go to at least $14k but his repost showed $10k to buy it.

Ā 

s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

9 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

That's strange. I wonder what happened. I figured it would go to at least $14k but his repost showed $10k to buy it.

Ā 

I agree Jason, strange indeed !! Looks like the seller found out what they actually had and allĀ they couldĀ see is instant $$$$$$$, probably a good thing for them their repost didn't work, I can see the final sales price of this box going far, far beyond their buy it now price. Just the 10 Blue Galaxies "if mint"Ā  & sold individually, which they now appear to be in the newer pix, would well surpass the $10,000.oo mark.

4 minutes ago, Peltier Mibber said:

Wow, I just saw the Bees' post on the buy it now listing.

Yeah I thought it might go for at least $15k

Ā 

"Great" the box hasn't yet had time to reach a new owner so gotta figure they're "unfortunately" breaking it down in an attempt to make more money ?? What a pityĀ Ā :eusa_doh:

I congratulate the buyer, and the fairly new seller.
There no doubt was some great information given to the seller to avoid a variety of charges/taxes.Ā 
I communicate with many sellers, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. It is always worth a shot. I always give them my best as if it were face to face.
I think that EBay and the feds lost out on some cash because of this great post.
Trust was brokered and a great sale was made as well. Both parties are happy and I hope that I do not see a plethora of these for sale in the future. The box/marbles should be kept together; I think/hope that it will.
I hope to see some more images from the buyer someday. It is a great/rare thing.
They come and they go. I think that this one went to the right place.
A buyer with much to learn from got this one.
Then again, it may be posted again later----
Marbleā€”On!!!
Ā 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I congratulate the buyer, and the fairly new seller.
There no doubt was some great information given to the seller to avoid a variety of charges/taxes.Ā 
I communicate with many sellers, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. It is always worth a shot. I always give them my best as if it were face to face.
I think that EBay and the feds lost out on some cash because of this great post.
Trust was brokered and a great sale was made as well. Both parties are happy and I hope that I do not see a plethora of these for sale in the future. The box/marbles should be kept together; I think/hope that it will.
I hope to see some more images from the buyer someday. It is a great/rare thing.
They come and they go. I think that this one went to the right place.
A buyer with much to learn from got this one.
Then again, it may be posted again later----
Marbleā€”On!!!
Ā 

I don't believe the box was sold, not enough timeĀ to get to any new owner. Evidently the bumblebees are already up for sale & being soldĀ indicating the box being broke down by the orig. owner ?? Evidently in hopes of making more money ??Ā 

image.png.74ea3668fb9283c5134f7d0e1b7ffbcf.png

9 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I don't believe the box was sold, not enough timeĀ to get to any new owner. Evidently the bumblebees are already up for sale & being soldĀ indicating the box being broke down by the orig. owner ?? Evidently in hopes of making more money ??Ā 

image.png.74ea3668fb9283c5134f7d0e1b7ffbcf.png

Chad where are you seeing that? I see no current or sold listings from the seller with marbles in them.