Wet Mint

Fire1981

I see where that could be tricky, but mostly if you were trying to give it a numerical grade and were tempted to call it a 10.  

If you're describing it in words, then I think "wet mint with as-mades" is a perfectly legit description.  

Wet ,
Imho has no as mades, sparkles, hits or "pocket wear" or blowouts. 
The entire surface has to be clear of any defects as well as the interior. The entire surface of the marble has to look wet/clear and be very reflective.
“Wet “is a hard thing to find and it should be respected as such.
This is of course all imho,
Marble—On!!

• Award 1

It is very hard to grade a marble by a picture. To grade a marble correct you need a 10X or more power loupe.  Any 10.0 marble is very rare.  I never did understand wet mint.  Where does wet mint fit in the mint 9.0 to 10.0 grade scale ?   What is the difference in dry mint or wet mint ?  A mint range marble can look dry or wet.  Dry or wet looking has nothing to do with the grade.  Accurate grade by a picture is just that, a grade on the picture. Depends on how good the photo is, it may determine the grade.  Loupe, magnify with 10x or 20x any marble and you may be surprised at what you see. A accurate grade is done with magnification.  Watch old time or experienced collectors at a show. If they are looking at or buying a $100.00 or $500.00 marble. They will put it under a loupe before buying.  Some wear jeweler's glasses on their head in every room looking at marbles. I try to have a loupe in my pocket for use any time at every marble show.  I bought a Vitro Aquamarine at the recent Florida show. When I got home and put it in front of the camera at 10x zoom. I was disappointed. It was not any high dollar marble but under magnification, it was only low nm. It should have been about $2,00-$3.00. But I did not loupe it and paid $8.00. The seller ask $10.00 and gave me a deal for $8.00. But later at home, under magnification the deal was not so good. I have way more than enough nm  Vitro Aquamarine marbles.  If you pay $100.00 for a marble, then you or someone else loupe's it later and find out it is a $25.00 marble, you learn.  To many learning lessons can get expensive.  There are mint marbles. Mint means a range of 9.0 to 10.0. There are some 10.0 marbles, but they are rare. Of course rare also has a different meaning to each person. I have had and sold 10.0 marbles.  Most marbles that make 9.5 to 9.8 you will see no damage with the naked eye. But under a loupe or magnification you will see it.  I have found many marbles with fractures and only found the fracture with a loupe. This is true especially fractures along the edge of a color. Get a loupe or something 10X and then grade your marbles. If you really want disappointment use 20x magnification.  I have a 30x and a 40x but very rarely use them. They can be found on Ebay and Amazon at modest and cheap prices. The glass ones will last longer than plastic.  Different styles and sizes, some harder to use than others. A annealing fracture is a as made, is that marble mint ?  Some people take nothing away for as mades. I do not like as mades. So I do take them into consideration when buying or selling.  If not considered in the grade, then any seller should mention any as made. Many people rely on Marblealan's grading scale or system which he used. He did grade accurate and always the same. There is no set standard grading scale for marbles. No place to send them off for any official documented guaranteed grade . Nothing that will hold up for insurance claims or in any court. Nothing like coins, comic books, baseball cards and other collectables.