Not to sure? 5/8's Pelt's / Vitro?

Gladys

They all look the same to me. And I sure thought the dark color on the mibs in the OP was purple and not red covered by blue or something. Can you show me a pic of all 5 together but grouped by base glass?

I really don't see anything that would make me think they are made by different companies and I think the likelihood that they are is very small so I am not sure what to think now.

Transparent red base glass is very  uncommon for Vitro and it's quite common for JABO so . . .?

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I really don't see anything that would make me think they are made by different comanies and I think the likelihood that they are is very small so I am not sure what to think now.

Transparent red base glass is very  uncommon for Vitro and it's quite common for JABO so . . .?

O.K. !.....for now I.. will keep them with  Vitro ,so I can find them later!...LOL  Thank you so much for all your help! that was interesting! learn on here everyday!

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

O.K. !.....for now I.. will keep them with  Vitro ,so I can find them later!...LOL  Thank you so much for all your help! that was interesting! learn on here everyday!

I'm always up for talking marbles and I am drawn to the "gray areas" by nature so I appreciate you posting the oddballs and I hope you'll keep it up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I found out when / what.....................

Jeffrey ( AKA) Marble Wagon!!     

3-15-14 Jabo 'Jalley' run. Made from Alley cullet.

I wrote and ask for pictures! I can't find them any where on the internet !! nothing similar!! UGH!!!!!

Jeff would know. As with my earlier post. I thought they might have been made be after 2012 at Jabo.  They made several runs of 5/8 inch with nice cut lines. The Alley cullet is probably the blue and from Rick See. The dark lines are the red base glass. If the opaque white is thick and covers the base they will look more opaque. No way is there any Peltier close to these. I do not have much doubts these are from the Jabo 3-15-2015 named Jalley run.  I took Alley cullet to Jabo and made marbles with it more than once.  Bill M. and myself had Dave M. add a gallon of Alley pure white chalk dug at Pennsboro to a furnace at Jabo. It never showed up on any marble, probably melted, mixed inside the marbles or burned up. Hoped for Jabo/Alley chalkie marbles. But it would have taken much more chalk if any chance or working.  

I agree those are not a match.  If those are examples of all they made during the Jalley run ?  But they are the same exact construction, cut lines and patterns. Maybe the red base ran out and switched to this white base, with some of the red left. Maybe that is why some of yours are more red base and some more white base ?  Just my thoughts or possibles. 

14 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Jeff would know. As with my earlier post. I thought they might have been made be after 2012 at Jabo.  They made several runs of 5/8 inch with nice cut lines. The Alley cullet is probably the blue and from Rick See. The dark lines are the red base glass.

So Alley cullet was used for striping on transparent red baseglass? I could see that!

Looking at Galdys' pics compared to the Jalley pic I posted, I'd say hers would be the cream of the crop.

Much more likely the striping glass may have been old Alley cullet, The base glass would most times take lots and lots of cullet. At least 500 or 1000lbs. The striping glass might only need 5 or 10 lbs. to do several thousand marbles.  But if they had 100lb. of transparent red, red transparent could be run as base for a short time. But the switch or transformation from transparent red to white may look pink for a short while ? 

8 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I agree those are not a match.  If those are examples of all they made during the Jalley run ?  But they are the same exact construction, cut lines and patterns. Maybe the red base ran out and switched to this white base, with some of the red left. Maybe that is why some of yours are more red base and some more white base ?  Just my thoughts or possibles. 

Ron and Ric !.......Jeff just wrote back and said "Though some red may have become predominant, it is a white base run.
Your specimens may not be an exact match to this picture posted, as
there are variations."

So I guess that's it! Thank you all for help

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Ron and Ric !.......Jeff just wrote back and said "Though some red may have become predominant, it is a white base run.
Your specimens may not be an exact match to this picture posted, as
there are variations."

So I guess that's it! Thank you all for help

I think a question for Jeff would be was there any transparent red or crystal used in the run?

3 minutes ago, wvrons said:

There is transparent red in the group picture from Bocci. Clear or crystal was available 100% of the time at Jabo. Many times it was ten tons of clear whiskey bottles. 

Wow! that's incredible ! i wish I could have been a fly on that wall!! lol this has been such fun! thank you again