Not to sure? 5/8's Pelt's / Vitro?

Gladys

9 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I did, with that pink color, the tight folded V or butt crack, the dark blue and all the color bleed. I don't know if I have ever seen them before ?  Jabo or Vitro ???

The colors, all of them, but especially the pale blue and purple, look Vitro to me, and Jabo didn't really veneer their colors did they?

12 hours ago, wvrons said:

I would have missed these. They looked Jabo to me.  

HI ! Ron , Thank you so much for taking your time helping, they all do have 2 seams ( see the one in the middle Picture.) the seams can be felt ,they are like indent ? maybe they are foreign mibs? thank you again! 

_DSC5722.JPG

_DSC5721.JPG

Not any special investor run. Very few of the investor runs had 5/8 marbles. Except for short tank washes before the actual runs. Tribute group had a couple runs that included some 5/8 inch. But out of 150-175 different runs very few had 5/8 inch size. After 2012 there were some private runs and Jabo Co. runs that were 5/8 size and many of those look very much like Vitros even with two cut lines. I don't know these well enough if Jabo or Vitro to put any time line with them. I would not consider them Tri Lites.  Tri Lites are very early Vitros with bright colors, nice color edges that do not bleed. The majority of Tri Lite marbles contain a good amount of high quality clear glass. There are very few Tri Lites that will show the but crack pattern.  Maybe they are older 5/8n inch Jabo Classics, many of those had two seams showing ? Maybe they are 5/8 inch Jabos after 2012 ?  Like I said, I do not think I have seen these before or if I have very few, long time ago or after 2012. I am not sure if they are Jabo or Vitro. But Jabo will have some same traits as Jabo. But Vitro not near as many butt crack patterns. Over all I think Jabo will have a larger percentage that the colors bleed. Five together, so mint looking, is higher odds with Jabo. Jabo used lots of Fenton pink cullet all along their swirl history. The pink in these looks thin and spread in the base glass of these. Like when Dave M. added Fenton into to the back of the furnace. Before Jabo used crucibles for color delivery  near the front of the furnace. Most pink in old Vitros looks more solid and added same as the other colors. Like Parrots, Blue Devil. The Sweet Pea is much darker pink. Not that many Vitro marbles with faded thin pink color mixed in with the base glass.  But some of this may be my monitor and picture colors that I see ?  Just what I see and trying to put some of my thoughts into words. Maybe Josh will drop by and comment. He has better records and memory of more Jabos than me.  

Vitro or Jabo ? I am not sure. But I would not have bought them as Vitro. But I have missed buying other good marbles. So nothing new there.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Vitro or Jabo ? I am not sure.

I'm not sure either, as I also have not seen them before. But if they are Jabo Classics, I think it's really surprising that none of us have seen them before. I would certainly have taken notice, since they look so much like Vitros, at least to me. And I am sure that many of us have found groups of "same run" marbles in a larger group of marbles we found, perhaps marbles from the same bag or box that wound up in a mixed group, and I wonder if that's what we are seeing here.

And I do agree, it would be nice to see what Josh @Nantucketdink thinks of these.