Akro Friday

This may be hard for anyone to believeā€”butā€”Chadā€™s marble and mine may be from the same production run, not the same run of colorsā€”just the same run.
The machines/ovens kept running until they broke down for whatever reason. Production was never stopped to change size or colors--- back then at leastā€”and more than likely now as well.Ā 
ā€œKeep them runningā€ is in the mind of any production team.
Color changes and variations are more common than anyone may think. The rollers kept rolling, the furnace gases kept cooking, the workers kept working and the colors were bound to change over timeā€”until something broke. This was a time for a size/color changeover, when it broke or wore outā€”not during production.
It was not about ā€œpretty marblesā€ so much as it was about keeping costā€™s low.Ā 
The lucky few of us that have nice ā€œHybridā€ Pelts or other makers may understand this a bit better.
All companies did this and this is why all companies have some very weird and rare marbles. Some of the manufacturers had quality control that picked these crossovers out better than othersā€”some just let them go.

These posted are mostly Akro and they sure as heck could have come from the same ā€œRunā€. I call them ā€œUniquesā€ but there is nothing unique about them.

Just my thoughts---
Marbleā€”On!!
Ā 

P4020007.JPG