19/32 Oxblood Jabo??

•~Emily~•

Jabo made tons of oxblood marbles, many different runs of them. I'm not sure of the I.D. on your OP pic, I'm not seeing any ox though ??

A couple of my favorite Jabos. Many contain av and oxblood, they made some very beautiful marbles.

Oxblood

image.png.f09a9d7f9b7acc1868e041fab20b030b.png

Oxblood & Aventurine

image.thumb.png.194ee096477ee98cd00d70508c306836.png

3 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

That is a stellar Pelt Rainbo. It doesn’t have a name but the color combo kinda sets it apart in its own way. This isn’t Oxblood. Oxblood is opaque. This marble has what some might call Burnt ribbons. 🔥

Yeah, was giving buries oxblood vibes to me for some reason, lol. But I’ll take stellar Rainbo any day of the week ☺️
Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Jabo made tons of oxblood marbles, many different runs of them. I'm not sure of the I.D. on your OP pic, I'm not seeing any ox though ??

A couple of my favorite Jabos. Many contain av and oxblood, they made some very beautiful marbles.

Oxblood

image.png.f09a9d7f9b7acc1868e041fab20b030b.png

Oxblood & Aventurine

image.thumb.png.194ee096477ee98cd00d70508c306836.png

This are some beauties for sure! I appreciate the input and examples…and of course everyone humoring my silly analysis of my mibs.

8 minutes ago, •~Emily~• said:

This are some beauties for sure! I appreciate the input and examples…and of course everyone humoring my silly analysis of my mibs.

No silly questions here, we're all learning and have been exactly where you are. You're in the right place, I wish this was available when I started. Glad to have you   :)

4 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

No silly questions here, we're all learning and have been exactly where you are. You're in thev right place, I wish this was available when I started. Glad to have you   :)

Aww, thanks Chad. Im so grateful for everyone’s insight and all the great info here. And best part, seeing everyone’s amazing collections. Wow! 

On 10/11/2022 at 9:55 PM, •~Emily~• said:

More Silly questions from me. Did Jabo make oxblood marbles and is this an oxblood? Is this even a Jabo? I’m starting to think all my smaller wet mint marbles must be Jabo. I have a couple jars of them but this one didn’t come out of those jars. 

2BFBBF67-EC71-423D-BC3A-0B9BD4E40A6B.thumb.jpeg.57b6ed61ff4fd8e082131bf660bab866.jpeg5A317CF5-AD07-49A0-BA29-4F3A83EE250D.thumb.jpeg.9ca3e6880ad9707f2ca5de2770564c5f.jpegD7FCDC01-FED7-484C-8510-FE23F06B99C9.thumb.jpeg.449b7ead575eb906ee60a1dfbfcbbc2a.jpeg61446E94-C4AB-4F45-A48E-2D08A1222C94.thumb.jpeg.437feaa94644810f2b1cb2594e35d497.jpeg

6769880C-699D-4657-BB6F-773CB1680BD9.jpeg

This one looks to be Kokomo.

I'll look for Martin's notes on these and see if I can find it in the archives unless someone else is after on the draw!

7 hours ago, ann said:

No, Dave established DAS (Dave`s Appalachian Swirls) independently after he resigned from JABO.  JABO subsequently closed, but DAS is still making marbles.

Thanks Ann! I appreciate the info. I love DAS marbles but don’t have more then a few dozen or so. Definitely have my eye out for more in the future.

6 hours ago, Peltier Mibber said:

This one looks to be Kokomo.

I'll look for Martin's notes on these and see if I can find it in the archives unless someone else is after on the draw!

Thanks for your input. That’d be super cool if it was ID’d as a Kokomo. It would be a first in my collection. Either way I really like this one. It always just looked like buried oxblood to me. Glad to get everyone’s feedback on that as well.  …still so much to learn 🙄

Just now, •~Emily~• said:

Thanks for your input. That’d be super cool if it was ID’d as a Kokomo. It would be a first in my collection. Either way I really like this one. It always just looked like buried oxblood to me. Glad to get everyone’s feedback on that as well.  …still so much to learn 🙄

Awesome Emily.

I'll see if I can track down the "Mike Barton" reference to the type.

• Like 1