Best score in a while!

About ready to chalk up hunting as a lost cause when I found these at a farmers estate sale Saturday.  All old mibs with no Jabos and only one old Vacor that I can see so far.  He was a collector a long time ago and I don't think any were added for at least 25 years(Just guessing).  Farm is even in the city limits now.  You can see a bag in the rear of the first photo that is labeled 15 cents each that he must have bought.  Never seen so many slags in one group for sale three of which I put on ID yesterday along with an Akro which I misidentified, and Chad corrected me.  I would say at least 40% of all of the mibs are mint.  Can't wait to start sorting.  Others chipped in and helped me identify the Slags.

thumbnail (8).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

• Like 2
  • Award 3

10 minutes ago, marblenewbie said:

About ready to chalk up hunting as a lost cause when I found these at a farmers estate sale Saturday.  All old mibs with no Jabos and only one old Vacor that I can see so far.  He was a collector a long time ago and I don't think any were added for at least 25 years(Just guessing).  Farm is even in the city limits now.  You can see a bag in the rear of the first photo that is labeled 15 cents each that he must have bought.  Never seen so many slags in one group for sale three of which I put on ID yesterday along with an Akro which I misidentified, and Chad corrected me.  I would say at least 40% of all of the mibs are mint.  Can't wait to start sorting.  Others chipped in and helped me identify the Slags.

thumbnail (8).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

Nice haul Dennis  :thup:  Oop !! I see the silver ox you're talking about from the ID post yesterday.

image.png.d094e8aec2e41645fa57817bcc9db54b.png

Dope !! Is that a steelie AKA ball bearing, next to those big limeades ?? If so give it a huck, no way to tell if it was sold as a marble or a ball bearing, both came from the same place and are deadly to glass marbles. The only one's I'd keep are the hollow ones, and even then they'd  have to be separated from the glass.

image.png.d4084d963aaa3abc542ad42721435aa2.png

Solid ball bearings were packaged and sold as marbles, if you have them in the orig. packaging yes worth a little but separately  "0"

LINK ::    https://marbleconnection.com/topic/7389-steelies/#comment-69909

image.png.79a9706bd0ccb36cc798be88e236a259.png

Collectable Steelies ;

LINK ::      https://marbleconnection.com/topic/26739-steelies/

LINK ::    https://www.marblecollecting.com/marble-reference/online-marble-id-guide/other-non-glass-materials/

image.png.216e2cfa80d9b1d3caed7fa614f730c5.png

2 hours ago, marblenewbie said:

thumbnail (8).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

Super score!