One for ID

Greeneyesgreenthumbs

I was 100% Alley until I fell victim to the Heaton ear seen in the last pic. Odd pattern and nicely busy. Marble has an Alley Bloom pic 1 below a Ravenswood  look (to me) pic 4 below and then the Heaton ear pic 2 below. There’s a couple of J’s that aren’t so much like the ones I’ve seen in Jabo marbles but I have Jabo’itis ya know? Then the last pic I took on a different background because the colors weren’t distinguishing themselves well in the other pics taken against the brown. I had to step back and go on to another marble before I saw Peltier in there. Ain’t that right Fire?  lol. 

ECB24658-F552-45A0-8BCC-E07724C50407.jpeg

7EC1DD41-0875-44B2-8E1F-D3094F56C801.jpeg

14A95812-A971-45FD-A51C-21EA5AD67CF2.jpeg

9BA2F330-951F-43AF-A789-B0FDAFC58CAE.jpeg

40818ECB-164B-4934-9BE5-EA1BDC2186DA.jpeg

I do not know of any WV swirl company that did not produce some size ear pattern, some curve on a swirl, that may be like a ear pattern.  It takes more than one trait to id a marble. Just my opinions or thoughts on the original. How many clear base with dark brown and white Heatons do you have ? How many Heatons have sharp points like a flame ?  Pictures one and four have white coming from inside to the outside. I have no Heatons that look anything like pictures two and five. I did not see any Heaton trait, none. The glass quality looks very good, older and better than most Heatons.  But each of us will see something different in very many marbles. Three people can look at one marble and all three may see something different. A big reason collecting marbles never gets boring. 

• Like 2

I agree with Sistersville Alley. Too busy for Heaton, wrong glass and pattern. Those wide white bird head shapes at the ends of the swirls and fine points point to Sistersville Alley. If you're looking for ear shapes, they can be found in lots of swirls. When the swirl makes predominately an ear shape and not much else, that's when to think Heaton, but as always, it's just one tool in the box, not a hard law.

• Like 1