Double Ingot Peltier? 23/32", mint, no UV reaction

rockgardenplants

5 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

I was wondering if that would come up. I would need to see examples of an Akro triple ingot and a Pelt ingot. 🔥

I just posted a sextuple ingot Pelt in the weird thread . . .

• Like 1

The number of ingots has nothing at all to do with who produced it. I have a Heaton triple ingot. I have posted it here several times. Every double or triple or more ingot is a error. Marbles the wrong size stuck together as they touch together after the shear. Every machine made company had some, every week probably every day. Most were caught sorted out and discarded before being packaged or shipped. But it is impossible to sort out all the errors.  

5 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

Ron! It would be really cool if your posted the Heaton triple ingot 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Pretty sure this is it . . . click the bold topic name next to Ron's "W" to go there.

Yes very balanced. Many times they are not.  Yes it would be cool to post marble pictures now. But I had to get a new computer and have no marble pictures on it yet. Maybe someday in the future ?  I have seen and probably have double and triple ingot marbles from most all companies. As I have dug marbles at almost all of them except Peltier. As I said most double or triple ingots were errors and discarded by every machine made marble company. I have never seen before anyplace or heard anywhere that Akros have two and Peltier has three ingots. How many numbers double or triples of ingots did Vitro, Champion, Alox, CAC or Jabo have ?  Every company made errors and mistake marbles when problems occurred almost daily.   

• Like 1

Any machine made company could have and most likely made double ingots, triple ingots or more odd ingots of marbles stuck together. Akro for sure made triple ingots. At least 99%  of double or triple ingots are errors. Any machine operator can make them. I have done it. Just take the metal tongs and while the marbles are rolling down the rolls. Pick up or touch two or three or four marbles together and they stick and mold together.  Anyone, hundreds of people who attended any investor run at Jabo saw marbles touched together and removed from the rolls. If the marbles get to large or two small in the roll groove they cause problems and are removed and discarded in a metal catch can. If the marbles are 1/32. 1/16 inch or more to large for the roll groove they can touch together and start a chain reaction backing things up. Many times a operator may touch two, three, four or five marbles together while they travel down the rolls and remove them for many reasons. If the operator is busying doing something else or working on another problem, some double or triple ingots will make it to the catch can at the end of the machine rolls. Those will later after annealing be sorted by shipping people. They put a 1000lb. or 2000lb. bin of marbles up on a tall stand.  The bin has a small opening with a gate. This bin will feed a long chute or trough to the boxes or small drums which will hold the sorted marbles for sale. The bin gate is opened and marbles roll downhill through the chute to the person sorting. The person sorting pulls or removes out of round, double or triple ingots, football shaped, etc. any non standard production. But do that for hours, sort marbles with both hands while they are rolling down hill through a six inch wide and four inch deep trough to a box. Of course some are missed and do make it to the public.  We all have and seen the odd shapes, double ingots, footballs, hershey kiss, etc  errors that were not caught and discarded.

I have high hopes that no experienced collector thinks there was some separate magic machine that made double ingot or triple ingot marbles. I have never seen or heard anyplace that only certain companies made double or triple ingot marbles.  This is how new collectors get started with wrong information, beliefs, guesses and myths. I will state it again. Every machine made marble company made some double and triple ingot marbles if they produced marbles for even one week.  

On 12/31/2022 at 10:47 PM, wvrons said:

I have high hopes that no experienced collector thinks there was some separate magic machine that made double ingot or triple ingot marbles.

For sure, Ron. And thank you for the great info. I'm keeping a folder on my 'puter with all of the info regarding identifying. It's a great way to learn AND remember :lol2: