GROUP OF SHOOTERS ID PLEASE

marboman

2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Champion didn't ever make marbles that big. The only time they made 3/4" or so marbles was the NOFs and the biggest one of those I ever saw was about 7/8" but it was messed up in the pattern because it was oversized.

1 minute ago, cheese said:

LOL Ron we both posted at the same time.

Good posts both of them--live and learn for me--Thanks to both of you.

Marble--On!!

7 hours ago, wvrons said:

How many machine made companies made swirls of 7/8 inch and over as standard production ?   

I will take a shot at it,the first ones that come to mind are MFC , Akro , Peltier , Marble King , Vitro ,  Alley , Jabo  , based on the marbles I've collected :)

Machine made 7/8 inch swirls as standard production leaves out MFC, Akro and Marble King.  The Vitro 7/8 swirls are mistakes. 

Peltier

Alley

Jabo

,Vacor

So 7/8 inch swirls are almost always down fast to only four companies .   Identifications can be by eliminations.    Most of the 7/8 inch Peltier swirls are easy to Id. So that is now down to three companies.  Vacor 7/8 usually has orange peel and roll mark, super bright colors. So that is down to Alley and Jabo. Very few 7/8 Alleys will glow.  Elimination. 

• Like 2
  • Award 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Machine made 7/8 inch swirls as standard production leaves out MFC, Akro and Marble King.  The Vitro 7/8 swirls are mistakes. 

Peltier

Alley

Jabo

,Vacor

So 7/8 inch swirls are almost always down fast to only four companies .   Identifications can be by eliminations.    Most of the 7/8 inch Peltier swirls are easy to Id. So that is now down to three companies.  Vacor 7/8 usually has orange peel and roll mark, super bright colors. So that is down to Alley and Jabo. Very few 7/8 Alleys will glow.  Elimination. 

I'm saving this info.  Thank you!!

On 2/7/2023 at 3:31 PM, wvrons said:

Peltier

Alley

Jabo

,Vacor

Posted to The Archives as a separate item for ease of future access!