One4 ID

Joe2

I've tried 2get an ID on other sites 2no avail. Hopefully here. This marble was a gift from an unknown collector I was able to pick 10 or so from his collection of Peltiers this was one of them it's just under 5/8 and a little over and over 19\32" I thought it was a little unusual for Peltier marble, Tia.

20230221_154945.jpg

There's absolutely nothing Peltier about this, nor do I see any relation to Akro. It's a great orange with striated layers that I would like to call  a Master marble however it too good to do that too.

This is more of a mystery than anything else. 

And BTW there's no such thing as a 'Pelletier' marble 😁 It would be a keeper if I had it and would not care if it ever got a proper ID B/C it's to cool. That Orange would jump out in most any group. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I would sort this one as an Akro--then put it near the top shelf.

This is a great one.

Marble--on!!

I agree "Top shelf" and I do not think it's new as well. However, never seen anything like it by Akro, ever, not in any color. So, if you're so confident then, please to show me any Akro patched and striated like it.  Bet U can't do it. 😉

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, akroorka said:

You win--I cannot but I would love to. I am 80-20 one this one--good enough for me.

There is no end to Akro colors and combinations.

Akro on!!

Yup, actually I was hoping you could dig up something, close but no tomato, at least for a decent rebuttal, :)

I too have collected and searched for every variable in the Akro line, especially in the dug-ups and so have quite a few 1 of a kinds and or cool for one reason or another yet, nothing like this that I've ever seen 'Patched and striated' by Akro. The only closest to this is a Master, but even Master's, in regards to color or pattern and cut-off, didn't happen like OP's is. 

Not even an Orange as bright as this is in any Akro, regardless of style.

The closest I can get to the brilliance in color on Akro corks is yellow and Royal Blue where a hint of orange blends in making it bright against their other yellows and Marble King Boy Scout that's about the same. Brighter but not orange and zero striation. 

Although I'd like to; I can't even fudge at 20% as a part of the  Crow's nest. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1