Peltier names

Melissa

The first one is pretty cool. As I recall the term “bifurcated” has to do with the base glass so I do not believe that this one qualifies. It also has a sort of “Copperhead” look to it but I still think that it lands short of the mark.
The other two are nice as well but they are “Rainbos” in my realm—all of them are.
All opinions are welcomed and appreciated.
Marble—On!!

I wonder if the first or third would fall under the name "Woody".

Like Art, I also played with the notion of  "Copperhead" on the first.  But it's probably more in the area of "I'm going to call this a copperhead and sell it on Ebay for big bucks even though I was told it wasn't a copperhead" kind of thing.  

Sweet bos all around.  

48 minutes ago, Steph said:

I wonder if the first or third would fall under the name "Woody".

Like Art, I also played with the notion of  "Copperhead" on the first.  But it's probably more in the area of "I'm going to call this a copperhead and sell it on Ebay for big bucks even though I was told it wasn't a copperhead" kind of thing.  

Sweet bos all around.  

Thank you!  :) You don't have to worry about me selling anything on eBay btw.  I'm 100% a collector.  The only ones I'm selling are the dumb ones and the dented ones for more money to buy nicer ones.  :)

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Melissa said:

Thank you!  :) You don't have to worry about me selling anything on eBay btw.  I'm 100% a collector.  The only ones I'm selling are the dumb ones and the dented ones for more money to buy nicer ones.  :)

:D  

Wasn't personal!  I was just feeling around for the right way to describe how much I wanted it to be a Copperhead, but figured it wasn't, with a little mix of frustration at how hard it is to search for good images since so many of search results are sales from people who mis-id-ed the marbles when they listed them for sale. 😅

6 minutes ago, Steph said:

:D  

Wasn't personal!  I was just feeling around for the right way to describe how much I wanted it to be a Copperhead, but figured it wasn't, with a little mix of frustration at how hard it is to search for good images since so many of search results are sales from people who mis-id-ed the marbles when they listed them for sale. 😅

Didn't take it personally at all.  I totally get it!

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 11:56 AM, Steph said:

Still curious about if they're Woodies!

they look like they kinda want to be, but i'm not seeing a distinct enough wood grain pattern. they should look like where you've taken some stain to a piece of wood (hence, the name ;) ). 

*ps: as far as I know, i'm the one who coined the nickname with it starting out as a casual way i described my own marbles that had the woodgrain feature. meaning, it's a characteristic, not a proper name of a specific marble. 

pelt woodies 1.jpg

pelt woodies 2.jpg

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, tankgrrl29 said:

they look like they kinda want to be, but i'm not seeing a distinct enough wood grain pattern. they should look like where you've taken some stain to a piece of wood (hence, the name ;) ). 

*ps: as far as I know, i'm the one who coined the nickname with it starting out as a casual way i described my own marbles that had the woodgrain feature. meaning, it's a characteristic, not a proper name of a specific marble. 

pelt woodies 1.jpg

pelt woodies 2.jpg

Thanks for jumping in with this! :thup: 

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 2:08 PM, akroorka said:

The first one is pretty cool. As I recall the term “bifurcated” has to do with the base glass so I do not believe that this one qualifies . . .

@Melissa Yes, bifurcated is when there are two distinctly different base glasses on opposite halves of the marble. In your marble, the light brown/tan color on the one side of the marble is produced by color "leaking out" from and between the two darker ribbons that border the area. I think the base is off for a Copperhead and the striping pattern doesn't look right to earn a Wood designation either, IMO.

• Award 1

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

@Melissa Yes, bifurcated is when there are two distinctly different base glasses on opposite halves of the marble. In your marble, the light brown/tan color on the one side of the marble is produced by color "leaking out" from and between the two darker ribbons that border the area. I think the base is off for a Copperhead and the striping pattern doesn't look right to earn a Wood designation either, IMO.

So it's just a regular rainbo is what you're saying?  😢

8 minutes ago, Melissa said:

So it's just a regular rainbo is what you're saying?  😢

A "Rainbo" for sure--not regular at all--special--just not named.

Any pelt-head out there would love to own it--I would for sure and I am just a mild pelt-head. Corkhead am I😁.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, akroorka said:

A "Rainbo" for sure--not regular at all--special--just not named.

Any pelt-head out there would love to own it--I would for sure and I am just a mild pelt-head. Corkhead am I😁.

Marble--On!!

Haha.  Thanks!  :)  I'm liking peltier more and more.  The nice ones are so expensive though!  I'm a corkhead too, but I love master and vitro as well.

• Like 2