7/8” deep red swirling shooter

w8ingnthebushes

This marble has me mesmerized it’s absolutely gorgeous. I thought it was Oxblood until I backlit it and well you tell me what you think. Also what the heck is that round object entrapped within. Appears to be same color and size of a peppercorn. This marble was particularly difficult to photograph and get the appropriate color to come through in the picture. The marble is much deeper red than in the picture and the one where it is backlit and looks pink, in person it’s not pink at all it’s a deep red 

4509E708-E31C-467A-9CCF-CFAA39B12EEA.jpeg

E52F5A15-3BC8-45F9-986F-F9D4A1F5FDE1.jpeg

A6132BD4-DA9E-4343-A234-28E769B392E8.jpeg

D68DDCCB-2AD6-472F-A850-48A735BA2F54.jpeg

2CDBDC98-45C6-423D-B514-0BA50550F0A1.jpeg

This one appears to be an Akro---"Cornelian". (not CARnelian)
Rare and hard to get a good image of.
They appear to be quite Opaque in hand--like a "Brick". Back-light them and they will reveal themselves, They are semi-opaque.
These were called “Bricks” by the older—really older collectors—even older than me—lol.
Here are a few better images that I have—most were dug as far as I know. They came in many shades of red from deep almost oxblood looking to a more red-ish that we all know.
They were boxed and sold by Akro as Cornelian-they were the mostly more red variety—with a bit of white—they looked like an opaque slag.
There may be more names for these—I just call them Cornelians—all of them.
Marble—On!!

Cornelian 1.jpg

Cornelian 2.jpg

Cornelian box.jpg

Two goose vs one Corn.JPG

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, akroorka said:

They appear to be quite Opaque in hand--like a "Brick". Back-light them and they will reveal themselves, They are semi-opaque.
These were called “Bricks” by the older—really older collectors—even older than me—lol.
Here are a few better images that I have—most were dug as far as I know. They came in many shades of red from deep almost oxblood looking to a more red-ish that we all know.
They were boxed and sold by Akro as Cornelian-they were the mostly more red variety—with a bit of white—they looked like an opaque slag.
Marble—On!!

Cornelian 1.jpg

Cornelian 2.jpg

Cornelian box.jpg

image.png.8e08f59605fe93acfbcf8a5e21de539f.png

Glad you specified that right off the bat Art !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Marble—On!!

Cornelian 1.jpg

Cornelian 2.jpg

Cornelian box.jpg

I hope you all understand how badass you are. And I really appreciate your willingness to take the time and provide such a thorough and detailed explanation chalk full of hard fought experience and Knowledge. Really appreciate it. Sorry that I can’t provide the same time of value in return. As of right now I’m just a grasshopper

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Upon second look I do see a certain Jabo trait "the butcrack" guess I shoulda paid more attention to the size ?? Not 100 on the Jabo ID but it's sure lookin that way   :eusa_doh:

image.png.11c3402ac7461791658865fc125b15fe.png

• Award 1

9 hours ago, akroorka said:

Marble—On!!

Cornelian 1.jpg

Cornelian 2.jpg

Cornelian box.jpg

How interesting, I have not seen that Cornelian box before. However, these too were dug-up whenever the hand gathered slags and opaques were found at the Akro site.  I had already owned some that are identical to those in that box and very difficult to see traces of being hand gathered. However, from the dug-ups I able to identify mine that came from the wild, of which, I'd always had as questioned if Akro?

The topic marble in question is not one and IDK why this 'ButtCrack terminology is used so frequently as if every fold is a Jabo because that happens in most any swirl. Regardless, the OP's kind-of looks more like a Champion yet, it could be any old common red shooter too. That Butt crack usage on Jabos, is such a derogatory term applied in the 90's whenever collectors would not touch brand new Jabo marbles. I was not enthusiastic with Jabo my self, at the time, and was giving kids handfuls out of a 40-50 pound factory box, but as in butthead, just because they did not interest me at all, did not, would not adhere to such offensive terminology that a certain collector here, (not fire, Rick) would use all the time. . 

I mean, well, yes, some of those Jabo's do resemble it yet, it's a fold and all kinds of company's marbles have folds. 

• Haha 1