Auction won

12 hours ago, Steph said:

:(  The picture shows considerable damage on the German marbles.  :(  

My hope is a couple of those are in great condition, I don't see any damage on a few. Hope they are fabulous....i have a few different pics. I will show much better once I receive them.

8 minutes ago, Melissa said:

Depending on what you paid, you may have gotten a pretty good deal.  A couple of those germans appear in good condition. 

I got a little crazy and probably paid to much not more than 300 though...:) I am hopeful, can't wait to get them.

3 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

THese 2 might be nice onions (hopefully no damage) maybe a divided core or a solid core in the mix might be ok too ??

image.png.c4fc6db056531798fe1a5b8b44679a89.png

image.png.efc8d1c026fff58fb0492c5a9481946a.png

Ok, thank you so are Onions Germán? and the Lutz in one of the ribbons is highly desirable correct?  What about a Germán marble is good? such as a single core inside, or ribbons more towards the outer????

2 hours ago, Gr8Natured said:

Ok, thank you so are Onions Germán? and the Lutz in one of the ribbons is highly desirable correct?  What about a Germán marble is good? such as a single core inside, or ribbons more towards the outer????

Yes, Onion skins "onions" (shown in the 2 pix I posted) are Antique German cane cut marbles, as are all the "glass" Germans (Antique Cane cut) present in your photos. "If" you have any Lutz or aventurine present in any of your german handmades, yes it is desirable. From the pix I can't tell if you do or don't. Condition is always # 1 in marbles as far as value goes ( machine made, handmade or contemporary) I remember when I started collecting, my mentor telling me, condition, condition, condition. There are a few cases where you can have an extremely rare marble and it will still have value but the other 98% as far as value is all condition. I always collect what I like and get the best example possible, the only one you have to make happy is you ..  :)

Here is a picture of an onionskin I have loaded w/ lutz, they are a very beautiful marble IMO, the high mint condition makes a big difference in  both appearance (clarity) and value.

33.PNG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gr8Natured said:

My hope is a couple of those are in great condition, I don't see any damage on a few. Hope they are fabulous....i have a few different pics. I will show much better once I receive them.

💕👍

Glad you have a gr8 nature and took my comment in stride. 

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Yes, Onion skins "onions" (shown in the 2 pix I posted) are Antique German cane cut marbles, as are all the "glass" Germans (Antique Cane cut) present in your photos. "If" you have any Lutz or aventurine present in any of your german handmades, yes it is desirable. From the pix I can't tell if you do or don't. Condition is always # 1 in marbles as far as value goes ( machine made, handmade or contemporary) I remember when I started collecting, my mentor telling me, condition, condition, condition. There are a few cases where you can have an extremely rare marble and it will still have value but the other 98% as far as value is all condition. I always collect what I like and get the best example possible, the only one you have to make happy is you ..  :)

Here is a picture of an onionskin I have loaded w/ lutz, they are a very beautiful marble IMO, the high mint condition makes a big difference in  both appearance (clarity) and value.

33.PNG

WOW that is super cool......my fingerts are crossed