A big Winnie!

mibby wonka

6 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Winnie??---Size???

Very Nice what ever it is!!

Marble--On!!

Winnie was our beloved collector from Amsterdam who uncovered most of what we know about Veiligglas.  

• Award 1
  • Care 1

Yes, the OP Y&B Veiligglas is affectionately named after Winnie, the one who gave us all so much information on them, R.I.P. this was posted on AAM while I still had no idea the marble had been named after Her.

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48816&p=352757&hilit=winnie#p352757

image.thumb.png.e0ab8ff66196145e249ffd65998f7f1a.png

• Like 1
  • Care 1

On 5/27/2023 at 6:53 PM, Jeff54 said:

Blue and yellow harder to find, leaving blue and orange the hardest.

Nice marble!  Jeff-I also mistakenly believed the white base with blue and orange were also Winnies…they are not.  They do seem to be a little less common than the white base with blue and yellows.  

• Care 1

6 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

Nice marble!  Jeff-I also mistakenly believed the white base with blue and orange were also Winnies…they are not.  They do seem to be a little less common than the white base with blue and yellows.  

Sorry, but surely you are mistaken Nantucketdink. Whinnie posted photos of two variations of these colors. One variation is ribbon style like the yellow in topic and the other, the orange is thinner with little spots of something as if the color did not anneal properly or is seedy. Not to leave out, about 20 years ago, before Winnie discovered these in Amsterdam yet I wasn't looking to acquire more from Germany Ebay,.  I'd sent the auction link to Clyde T as he was looking to get some too. I advised him the same thing: With orange, which that auction had in it, along with others and wire pulls,  is the hardest white based to get.  And Winie took it up one more level too. She posted one with both, yellow blended to orange with blue and white.

Apparently, the hardest to remember, if one wasn't hunting them as I did several years back, is that Winnie found them too.😀 

On 5/29/2023 at 12:20 PM, Jeff54 said:

Sorry, but surely you are mistaken Nantucketdink. Whinnie posted photos of two variations of these colors. One variation is ribbon style like the yellow in topic and the other, the orange is thinner with little spots of something as if the color did not anneal properly or is seedy. Not to leave out, about 20 years ago, before Winnie discovered these in Amsterdam yet I wasn't looking to acquire more from Germany Ebay,.  I'd sent the auction link to Clyde T as he was looking to get some too. I advised him the same thing: With orange, which that auction had in it, along with others and wire pulls,  is the hardest white based to get.  And Winie took it up one more level too. She posted one with both, yellow blended to orange with blue and white.

Apparently, the hardest to remember, if one wasn't hunting them as I did several years back, is that Winnie found them too.😀 

I had previously made the same mistake.  Here is where her son described and named the marble.

45016896-B779-4B8C-A665-744ADA71B9B5.png

11EE48D2-9504-43A2-A49C-90583FDC7D2F.png

Even the brown/purple with orange are harder to find than the blue with orange.  The green and orange is harder to find by far.  The 3 colored ones on white are also harder to find.  Pic for reference.  I do love the Winnie color combo like the original pic in this thread with blue and yellow on white.

1D829245-1AE4-4409-A437-7182B790A2DE.jpeg

• Like 1