Pelt or MFC?

jhomer2172

I picked this one up on a whim. Solid opaque black or dark green with what appears to be oxblood streaks. I’m thinking MFC oxblood slag?? It has st least one seam. Block states they are so dark they are often overlooked as game marbles. She measures 5/8” and low mint. Doesn’t look Pelt which it was sold as.

thanks

jon

0E797D4D-4C24-42EC-9757-411CAC77FB5E.jpeg

0C1E1070-885A-424B-A063-F0C51FBCD3E5.jpeg

6D95922F-81D4-418E-AD0A-1795691A83E9.jpeg

4DC76B18-F2A2-4987-B09C-849C01601A4D.jpeg

HG with some sort of a 9 pattern on a MFC = True in what Bob described. They gotta be so very rare. I've scoured every black game marble I've ever seen and come up empty, albeit have seen a few photographs of them, I think over 20 years ago in a few of Bob's auctions and online elsewhere. This Very dark green can be seen in some Oxblood bricks as well.

Process of elimination:

I have the factory dug-up Akro black base Oxblood patch. Sorry, can't shoot a photograph currently. I have not examined it in about 20 years and was thinking it is dark green. It's not swirled at all and surprisingly, it appears black as night however, when back lit, it's semi opaque that lights up as a dirty, for lack of a discerning color to fit, not exactly yellow nor a dull shade of white or even tan. I can't come up with any color to describe as it's a little mind boggling to see what appears as a black, but with a bright light behind, lights up much lighter than one may expect. The color of the red oxblood appears correct and with light behind it, stands out through this lighter, more dirty, maybe muddy, light shade of simi opaque too.

Akro Dug-up HG black bricks: These can appear just black and may have a little bit of white mixed in however, when you shine a light on them, the oxblood becomes obvious as an opaque on the surface and through the entire glass. No dark transparent greens I've ever seen. Kind of a burnt Oxblood yet rather, not burnt looking just very dark oxblood color tone without bright light to see it.

Peltier's black can be a very dark green too. Yet, I am not exactly seeing Peltier's stripes in this, but can't eliminate or count it out

43 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

That looks more like a later Marble King Chad

I don't know what it is, had it in an old Pelt folder, I know one thing it's a mess whatever it is. Just going by what it was labeled and sold as.  Been in that folder fort @ least 9 years I know of so no clue who it came from or where it went ??  Agree, it does have a MK look (kinda)    :blink: