A NOS Jobber Box--opinions are needed---

akroorka

Yes, I know, this is a “Jobber box”.
Our old friend Ron said green or blue boxes for Ravenswood; I wish that he were here to see these.
A cutout is included in this Red one from the box itself---not too common to find imho.
The marbles are all 5/8” or smaller. The biggest one is the blue and white at 5/8”.
Tell me what you think---- two different views of the marbles and one comparing them to the blue and green boxes.
Thanks and ---
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

21 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Can you post a pic of the group from the green box.🔥

The green box is polluted Fire. I purchased it for the box only.

There was a Jabo in it---also a Pelt Muddie:wub:, along with some newer Champs.

Marble--On!!

@akroorka That's an interesting box Art. Ravenswoods were for sure packaged in the blue and green ones but I am not sure about the red. And I have not seen a "short" version of the red box like the one you're showing either.

@Al Oregon The box you showed was a favorite of Charlie Stutsman out of Evansville Indiana (RIP). He jobbered a lot of Champion and Marble Kings in those boxes. They are larger and I think they are quite a bit later than the boxes like Art showed. Notice the different numbers of stars and stripes and narrower cut-outs on yours.

• Award 1

14 hours ago, Ric said:

@akroorka That's an interesting box Art. Ravenswoods were for sure packaged in the blue and green ones but I am not sure about the red. And I have not seen a "short" version of the red box like the one you're showing either.

@Al Oregon The box you showed was a favorite of Charlie Stutsman out of Evansville Indiana (RIP). He jobbered a lot of Champion and Marble Kings in those boxes. They are larger and I think they are quite a bit later than the boxes like Art showed. Notice the different numbers of stars and stripes and narrower cut-outs on yours.

I have bought all 3 colors of that box with Ravenswoods in them.  Just sharing that info.

• Award 2

@akroorka You know, the more I look at your "shorty" box the more I recall the boxes and some controversy. I want to say there was some discussion about whether or not it was a "fantasy" item modeled on the look of the old "Stars and Stripes" boxes or perhaps a late or even last run from the original producer. Your box appears to have Champion marbles in it. I believe the others I saw did too. There were a number of people who acquired large amounts of Champion marbles when and long after the factory closed. Some people, like Charlie Stutsman, made quite a craft of marketing them. He filled a lot of boxes like the one Al showed with Champs and it wouldn't surprise me if he or some other enterprising person filled boxes like yours in the 80s-90s, how the boxes came to be is another question.

I just saw two more examples like yours. One also had Champions in it, the other contained what appeared to be later Parkersburg Vitros - both were fresh looking with little to no hinge/flap wear. It looks like yours is in similar condition. FWIW, I think they are probably later jobber boxes.

• Like 2
  • Award 1