???????????????

Chad G.

Contains av. silver & "so called" dirty, & oxblood, I already know what it is just posting to show that there are oddballs' every once in a while. Time to take a swing, it does have characteristics of the manufacturer and a certain named type.

png11.PNG

png12.PNG

28 (2).PNG

27 (2).PNG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric said:

I also know what this is . . . pretty sure I've seen some of them come out of the Sistersville Alley site . . . 😉

Is the oxblood burnt? I'm not seeing it. I do see "horsehair" though.

Not an Alley, I had this one I.D by Ron & Chuck. Here's the single line of ox. kind of a reddish color, but quite opaque as it should be. Sorry for the image quality Ric. There is a marble made by this manufacturer that has a bit of the "dirty oxblood" in it.

image.png.7b0e88de73d2f2ae9748577f0e153b63.png

6 minutes ago, Chuck G said:

Chad, just maybe an (Akro) of some sort. Yes, i know these examples have been discussed many times. Chuck G---

Bingo Chuck, I.D. as a type of Akro Royal. Here are some links w/ pix of some similar types.

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46389&p=372949&hilit=akro+royal#p372949

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51671&p=371741&hilit=akro+royal#p371741

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50864&p=366757&hilit=akro+royal#p366757

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49269&p=355243&hilit=akro+royal#p355243

• Award 1

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

As I said, Chad - I know what it is, and I have seen some come out of the Alley Sistersville site. Both statements are true. lol

Ah, now I gotcha Ric, sorry for the misnomer   :)  Yes I need to slow down my reading, my eyeballs aren't quite open yet, my bad !!

10 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Ah, now I gotcha Ric, sorry for the misnomer   :)  Yes I need to slow down my reading, my eyeballs aren't quite open yet, my bad !!

I thought you wanted to have some fun and maybe give some newbies a chance so I threw in a misdirect rather than making it a very short thread.

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ric said:

I thought you wanted to have some fun and maybe give some newbies a chance so I threw in a misdirect rather than making it a very short thread.

🙂

Well, that was the early morning, sleepy head idea   :)   I must be starting my day sitting in a pile of monkey wrenches  .....  :lol2:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

OK ! So….!  Does anyone have pics and examples of the other Akro’s that might be tied to a dig🔥

RAR🍿🍿🍿

FREACH DRAIN.PNG

21.PNG

22.PNG

20.PNG

23.PNG

• Like 1

While I do not have a photo of my Black oxblood patch, like yours, and the same in clear without a green stripe, I am pretty sure that these photos along with your patch come close to almost everything special, particularly unusual or considered 'experiential' the French pipe yielded.

akrochryoxptch.jpg.99221b5af848da15e4b36

AkroClrOxPtch.jpg.0271392bb00dc77667cc8d

akro34clearbasedox.jpg.429471e12f8c6b58a

207004670_akrodoublepopye.jpg.4a5b1e8577

• Like 2

Jeff, first photo example is HTF, especially with red glass.  Second photo, you can find with a little searching. Third photo looks like an Akro (dug) example, (could be wrong with that). Fourth photo is another HTF example, as i (in my opinion) is an Akro "Ringer" family type but is in a clear base with some translucency to the mix. I have found all these examples and evaluated them in the Akro family. Chuck G---

• Award 1

5 hours ago, Chuck G said:

Jeff, first photo example is HTF, especially with red glass.  Second photo, you can find with a little searching. Third photo looks like an Akro (dug) example, (could be wrong with that). Fourth photo is another HTF example, as i (in my opinion) is an Akro "Ringer" family type but is in a clear base with some translucency to the mix. I have found all these examples and evaluated them in the Akro family. Chuck G---

Yes, Chuck, I know that. I added to the black base patch because it and the rest are part of the new topic migration of The so-called Duch drain dig. Photo 3 is known as "experiential Oxblood" and photo 4 is known the same and yet it is not Oxblood. 

The missing shot of these would be clear oxblood patch without any other colors, and or no green. so, all together it makes a set of most of, if not all of the verities found in that dig. 

5 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Thanks for the examples 🔥

RAR

Just to be clear, the examples that Chad and Jeff posted are from the digs at Akro and not from digs at the Sistersville Alley site, like the OP marble.

• Like 1
  • Award 1