El Aguila photos

stephenb

Oh! I have the old Vacor clay marbles. IDK how I missed it on Steph's vacor video.  In 1984 my little family and I, (Me, wife and 2 year old daughter) were traveling across the states.  Somewhere just past (Location edited) New Mexico, on I-40, in nowhere land, there was a small old church, which was turned into an antique store. It had a gallon tin can half filled with clay marbles for 10 cents each. Because I'd heard a rumor that people were collecting marbles I bought a handful of 10. I had seen these as a kid, my older by 2 years, brother thought they were, like, WWI era for their old utilitarian and dull type of colors. I have been wondering, looking to identify these ever since. 

As a collector, they were the first marbles to which means whenever I first began collecting toy marbles. 

Missed this the first time, these clay marbles in Steph's Vacor video are the answer to my quest for all those years. 

1930sVacorclaymarbles.thumb.jpg.ad72bee77b4a2bd4bc5e773deb7bc256.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/24/2023 at 12:51 PM, Jeff54 said:

Oh! I have the old Vacor clay marbles. IDK how I missed it on Steph's vacor video.  In 1984 my little family and I, (Me, wife and 2 year old daughter) were traveling across the states, somewhere just past Arizona off the highway, in nowhere land, there was a small old church, which was turned into an antique store. It had a gallon tin can half filled with clay marbles, 10 cent each. Because I'd heard a rumor that people were collecting marbles I bought a handful. I had seen these as a kid, my older by 2 years, brother thought they were, like, WWI era. I have been wondering, looking to identify these every since. 

As a collector, they were the first marbles to that means. 

Totally missed this the first time, these clay marbles in Steph's Vacor video are the answer to my quest for all those years. . 

1930sVacorclaymarbles.thumb.jpg.ad72bee77b4a2bd4bc5e773deb7bc256.jpg

Stephens video LINK  ::  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnQoGVoTDb4

Part 2 ;

• Like 2
  • Award 1