Flinties?

Melissa

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Oooooh.  Interesting.  I haven't seen that color in that style.   Can't think of what else it would be.  But it's new to me so ???

They look like the vaseline yellow that would glow green under uv light, but they glow orangish pink so maybe cadmium. 

Flinties have one trait that one can refer to in order to ID these. First of all they come in green,white,blue and red on a semitransparent base glass. At least these are what I have in my collection. If you backlight them you will see little Eye Balls where you normally would see seams🔥

RAR

5 hours ago, Alan said:

What you are referring to as a "fish eye" is created as the molten (read: not solid) glass spins down the rollers.  It is a completely circular motion.  Note the circular motion in the glass.

Do you think these are Akro?  Or could they be any company?

21 hours ago, Melissa said:

Flinties?

In hand, under normal lighting, Flinties appear to be opaque.

You have to backlight them to get any real effect.

Yours are not Flinties imho but they are nice looking just the same.

Yellow Flinties are not nearly so bright--a duller yellow.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Melissa said:

I guess I thought fisheyes were specific to Akro, but that is not the case?

@Alan, is that what you're addressing here?  How a non-Akro might come up with a flisheye-like feature? 

On 12/24/2023 at 12:50 AM, Alan said:

What you are referring to as a "fish eye" is created as the molten (read: not solid) glass spins down the rollers.  It is a completely circular motion.  Note the circular motion in the glass.

10 hours ago, Melissa said:

I guess I thought fisheyes were specific to Akro, but that is not the case?

The "Fish eye effect" is only seen during backlighting. It is not the little slits that the marble shows.

When you backlight a "Moonie or a "Flintie", it will show you what you are looking for-- a "Fisheye".

Just roll it around under the backlight and it will show its eye--unreal--really unreal.

Jus PM me for one and I will send it--these are under appreciated marbles and over ID'd imho.

Marble--On!!

1 hour ago, treetiger said:

Could one of you kind folks show a pic on this thread of a 'Flintie fish eye'? Now I'm really curious to see it...

There are pix of two individual ones in Ricks post, the Red one and the Green individuals show it the best. These are two good shots of the so called "Fish eyes" in the " Akro Flinties"

image.thumb.png.ed7032feef3c6b75bd2b09c265834d51.png

image.thumb.png.af80a27f45268388a3ad43d93ba06608.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

There are pix of two individual ones in Ricks post, the Red one and the Green individuals show it the best. These are two good shots of the so called "Fish eyes" in the " Akro Flinties"

image.thumb.png.ed7032feef3c6b75bd2b09c265834d51.png

image.thumb.png.af80a27f45268388a3ad43d93ba06608.png

Thank you Chad G.

11 minutes ago, Melissa said:

specific to akro

Yes,

Just Akro Flinties imho. (this type may have been marketed under different names by Akro)

I have backlit thousands of solid marbles (almost ever one that I have) just looking for Flinties.

Marble--On!!

• Thanks 1