A great learn here

A classic for example only.
This one shows the "classic signs of a "polished" marble.
Notice the fine/sharp edges on the exposed bubbles, the evident exposure of the “cleaned out “Hit Mark” and the “pontil” that was avoided during the process of “cleaning this one up..
These are all things that in hand are hard to see and avoid during a direct buy, thankfully this seller has given us a direct “eagles eye” to these things that need to be considered when buying.
I really do not blame this seller for posting this marble—he/she may not be aware.
I am not the “Marble Policeman”—this is just a great example to share with those who do not know or are willing to spend without a very good look at what they are spending.
If anyone ever takes offense to you taking out a lupe and a bright light to look at the marble/marbles that you are considering to purchase—Walk away.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266661732819?hash=item

Marble—On!!

• Like 1

Great info. Love the marble and can see the sharp edges and other things you described. WOW I’d still love to have it but it’s a little steep for me. If I hit the lottery this weekend I’ll get us both one. image.png.e4879cca39facd905ac2dbc9843c69a5.png

• Like 1

Well you guys must have better eyes than me if you can determine "polished" from these pics. 

What I can tell you, having handled a bunch of Greiners in hand, the glass is prone to seediness and blowouts

Even more so on examples with oxblood.  Probably related to formulation and primitive techniques being used at the time...keeping in mind this was at the forefront of glass marble production. 

Just my 2 cents worth. I don't typically comment on open auctions.

• Thanks 1

I sure can see a lot of remnants of hits in the glass, the half moons that Alan mentioned. Lots of them. And the pinkish weird look oxblood often gets when it's polished and doesn't have the thin bloom layer on it anymore. Not to mention all the exposed bubbles.

• Like 1
  • Award 1

1 hour ago, Fire1981 said:

I’m sure it’s not a 1 inch Shooter anymore. Probably more like 7/8th or 13/16ths since it’s been polished. Shooters have to be at least 1 inch……right ? 🔥

RAR

Boulder is on e inch, limits of a shooter are 3/4th's