Kokomo?

Ric

Believe it or not, the surface on this marble is near "as made". The inside is full of furnace debris and not so many bubbles. The red looks right and it's oogly enough that I think it might be Kokomo. Any thoughts?

RicA0201.jpg.85c07b0933b61d511e06d9c47826398e.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks, Rick. I don't think I've seen a Kokomo "cross-through" before so I'm not quite sure what to think about this marble. It seems to fit Kokomo better than Pelt though. The Pelt cross-throughs I have seen are way more refined.

5 hours ago, cheese said:

Pelt to me.

Thanks Chuck, have you ever seen a Kokomo cross-through or a Pelt cross-through with these colors?

I sure would like to see some other examples so if anyone out there has some, please post them!

I would go with Pelt based on my belief that this cross-through style was made earlier than the production dates at Kokomo.  

• Award 1

30 minutes ago, Steph said:

I would go with Pelt based on my belief that this cross-through style was made earlier than the production dates at Kokomo.  

I appreciate the input, Steph. I've never seen one quite so cruddy. Can you tell me why you believe these are pre-1939?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ric said:

I appreciate the input, Steph. I've never seen one quite so cruddy. Can you tell me why you believe these are pre-1939?

I would be interested in trying to back-up my belief with packaging but I am doing the chicken-without-a-head routine right now.  

So all I can say is that for some reason I am under the impression that these cross-throughs with the deep meaty ribbons are NLR-era, like most of the multicolor rainbos.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steph said:

I would be interested in trying to back-up my belief with packaging but I am doing the chicken-without-a-head routine right now.  

So all I can say is that for some reason I am under the impression that these cross-throughs with the deep meaty ribbons are NLR-era, like most of the multicolor rainbos. 

That'll work, Steph - thanks again!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cheese said:

Pelt to me.

Me too--although I have never seen one like this before.
I worked this one on my photo editor and the red looks more like Pelt than Kokomo imho. The debris is very cool and---well no help there.

Marble--On!!

12 minutes ago, Steph said:

I am doing the chicken-without-a-head routine right now. 

It may not be a bag or net thing Steph--it may be one of many but---not that many.

I agree wit the Pelt ID

309805373-467209995282260-5211789924081908725-n.jpg

I just haven't seen a Kokomo built close to that way before and it doesn't look like Kokomo glass to me. Here is one of Jessica Allison's trays of Kokomos with the white and red on clear for reference. 

• Award 1

That group shot is awesome 👌 

Didn't realize those light blue with like burnt yellow were Kokomo, killer pic for identification 👍

On 6/3/2024 at 11:58 AM, cheese said:

309805373-467209995282260-5211789924081908725-n.jpg

I just haven't seen a Kokomo built close to that way before and it doesn't look like Kokomo glass to me. Here is one of Jessica Allison's trays of Kokomos with the white and red on clear for reference. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That group shot is awesome 👌 

She posted a few more great cases here (click the Nov 17 date to go right to them).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric said:

She posted a few more great cases here (click the Nov 17 date to go right to them).

Nice..thank you  I have never seen that post....I had no idea of the range .looks like some big ones in that collection..😲

4 hours ago, davesnothere said:

I have the matching pelt to this marble mines a bit cleaner. 

That 's what initially threw me - mine is one of the cruddiest looking Pelts I've seen. Thanks for posting yours!

• Like 1