Mostly Pix - Christensen Agate Company

Steph

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you, John.

One big thank you for all the Mostly Pix threads you bumped with marble photos tonight.

I'm happy to do it and thanks for the bump! Just working on my mib inventory over here and trying to generate a bit more content for everyone, especially, but not exclusively, to those new to mibs. This one was found in a jar, so they are still out there! Keep digging! John

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I do think this one might excluded from his main color project, as far as a fancy, I am not much of a CAC collector and am afraid I have never heard it referred to as such. All I know is it is the only one I have found and have have been told it is not an easy color to find. I love it.

I just realized the posts are not numbered any more.  Any way I I not so sure Johns marble in the post before the drizzletail American Prima(LOL) post is a CAC.  Just looks like too much variegation in the color. CAC color swirls are usually much more solid.  

17 hours ago, lstmmrbls said:

I just realized the posts are not numbered any more.  Any way I I not so sure Johns marble in the post before the drizzletail American Prima(LOL) post is a CAC.  Just looks like too much variegation in the color. CAC color swirls are usually much more solid.  

That would be one of those, "I learned it that way before," and agree, it doesn't match the other CAC's I've collected since.  Chalk it up to learning, which is why I am here.  I think I will pull down the picture.  I don't want to mislead.

For what it's worth, I find the errors potentially educational also. 

You could leave the picture but edit it to say that you have since learned that this marble -- which could be confused for CAC -- is likely not.

Just a thought. :) We can also delete all traces if that is preferred. :) 

I decided to remove the pictures.  I get the argument that CAC colors don't blend, but I also like to think that sometimes rules are broken, and almost every blanket statement I've seen claimed about mibs has a contrarian example.  For example, we use the term 'electric' for CAC colors, but that doesn't cover them all, and I think can be misleading and generally unhelpful. The better term might be 'assertive' colors.  I'm open to the idea that maybe a few CAC mibs blend a bit. Oh well, I'll put it back in the 'pretend' CAC pile for now. I removed the pictures figuring if there was some doubt (which there was), then a CAC picture thread isn't where it needs to be.  FWIW, I concede that drizzle that followed might be Prima or AA...my thinking of them changes like the weather.  Presently I have no idea about those forms.