Identification Help

WCFeilds

Hello every one, I am very new to marbles and collecting. I just received from marbles from an uncle of mine And I don't anything about marbles. Can some one help with identifiying this marble or turn me on to a good book or two that would help me figure this out and other marbles I have. 15/16 inches in diameter. Thanks for you time.

post-279-1224892186_thumb.jpg

post-279-1224892190_thumb.jpg

post-279-1224892195_thumb.jpg

Al, when I saw you'd answered, I thought "yea!" because Al will tell us what the max size known to be made by Champ is (for things other than double ingots). I'm pretty sure I read at LOM that it's less than 7/8".

Not so?

WCFields....how are you measuring the marble? They are sized by diameter, not circumfrence (sp). Is it 15/16 around or across? Just a thought and a little help.

I am using a digital caliper. In case you are wondering I had to re register under the name Poolplayer because for some reason I could not login under WCFeilds. Here is some more info. The glass in my opinion is more opaque than translucent. Some of the glass glows under a UV light and most of the glass does not. I also have not found any of those white spots on the glass that are commonly found on Jabo marbles caused by the manufacturing process.

I am using a digital caliper. In case you are wondering I had to re register under the name Poolplayer because for some reason I could not login under WCFeilds. Here is some more info. The glass in my opinion is more opaque than translucent. Some of the glass glows under a UV light and most of the glass does not. I also have not found any of those white spots on the glass that are commonly found on Jabo marbles caused by the manufacturing process.

Here are some more of the marbles given to me from my uncle. All approx the same size 15/16

post-279-1224892311_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...