Sistersville Festival

SNYD

Last year at the Sistersville marble festival I ran into several mib collectors that read this forum. We said we should have let each other know we were going so we could meet. Well, I am going again this year. So, anyone who reads this that will be there, Saturday @ 5:00PM, lets all meet at the auction table in front of Jim King's store. We can enjoy a hot dog & drink and of course talk mibs and show our finds.

SNYD

After attending my first ever round of shows this year (beginning with S'ville last Sept), I am definitely ready to match the names, faces, board id's, ebay id's....shoe size, favorite foods - ok, I'm getting carried away here! But seriously, I've left shows and found out after that there were several people there that I would have loved to "meet" in person. This internet lifestyle is great - but what a shame to lose the "shake your hand and get to know ya" part of it. So, 5 p, JK's store and hot dogs...it's a date!

btw- has anyone done a "list" of names, id's, etc.? no one ever seems to interested in the Getting to Know You Post Your Photo threads!

5 pms a little late for me...... how bout 8am at my table....i usually set up around 7am......i see alot of people who get highjacked and dont make every vendor....yup jo we met last year...i usually have a sign in sheet on my table but gave it up last year

• 1 year later...

Hey how was the show?

This years show was a little slow. The weather played a lot with the attendance. :( There were more venders this year than last year and last year there were more than the previous year. It's getting biggger all the time. The hotel in town was closed :angry: and this may have lowered the attendance too. I made a good buy though. I guy came in with a bucket of fresh mibs. He was from WV somewhere :ph34r: ,sorry can't say I am driving the five hours to go back down to go threw the mibs again. Anyhow, I got a bag of mibs I sorted out and one was a transparent green and white Alley "Flame" with oxblood outlining the flames! :music-rocker-001: I also got five perfect fine lined, long tipped ALLEY flames. I know there are more great mibs in that bucket. I should have taken more time sorting. Oh well, I hope to get back where he is at in the next two weeks or so. There was a guy from Maryland that had some good mibs at great prices. I was over loaded with all th eJabo mibs, still way too many being offered.

SNYD