Post Your Peewees

Steph

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A member of our local marble club who specializes in peewees was showing his prized collection at a marble show when a collector showed a keen interest in one very fine peewee. "Sorry, it is not for sale." - the peewee collector replied to a buy inquiry.

The prospective buyer did not give up. "Would you take $1,000 for it?

The peewee collector replied, "Would you like a bag for that?

Sorry, I do not remember what the $1,000 peewee was.

Big Indian

Oh heck.

Just came to the sobering realization that all the marbles I

thought were peewees are actually 17/32 in size.

This is a rough tape-measure figure, but it seems to be pretty

consistent for a good number of marbles.

Does this fit in with a standard size classification?

Lots of marbles out there just a bit larger than 1/2" . They wish they were peewees. Standard marble classification was (is) in 1/16" so those are 00 which are 9/16"

000 are 1/2" and we go smaller not larger with the peewee size 000 . #6 which are supposed to be 1 inch are usually always a tad smaller, hardly ever larger

Okay, good!

This fits in with the sizing concept that you and Ric helped me wrap my brain around.

The 'either it fits through the hole or it doesn't' idea seems particularly well suited for peewees,

in the sense that if you're finding the designation desirable they can't be the least bit bigger.

And thanks for mentioning the larger marbles. I have a lot of 15/16 too, which I assumed

was a characteristic of certain manufacturers I like, but is apparently the same sizing

technique in a slightly larger scale.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a few words from a serious peewee collector. For me.....the peewee HAS to be 1/2" or less to be considered a true peewee. If indeed it does fall into that criteria,I would pay significantly more for it than one that is let's say 9/16. Everybody has their own parameters and this is mine. I will post some peewee pics soon.

Bernie-Minnesota Marble