Wv Cac????

"WV CAC" is not what the listing says.

It says, "WV/CAC" which means it is either one or the other.

I am not supporting the seller, just the construction of English language.

Perhaps the description should have been less misleading.

Just a thought.

Burt

Yeah, I agree with Burt... That's how I read it, too. And, it is clarified in the description... I was going to suggest that wording in an ebay title should be taken lightly, since there's a limit on characters... But then, the "? LOOK" kind of negates that theory!! The word "or" coulda fit!! LOL

It is a cool looking marble... And, even though I really don't have a clue, I kinda get an Akro feel for the colors, too....

I agree Akro. But including CAC in the title and description is getting lots of bids. Again it should be the marble people bid on,not the company name. It may have done even better if they had mentioned Ohio attic,basement or old garage.

• 3 weeks later...

And toss in the ubiquitous term 'submarine' as well. This guy has everything but the kitchen sink. We've hashed this one out over at Kevin's Board as well and generally have consigned the seller to the lower echelons. It's a mine field out there....step lightly. David

Yep, the same seller listed a lot of broken pieces of handmades all arranged to look like whole marbles in the picture, never mentioning the word "broken" and called them "marbles" in the title and in the description as well, saying that the condition was "collectible" and "good condition", closing with his signature statement "this marble will be a great addition to any collection". He referred to the marbles as "pieces" as though describing different items of a lot. Look at his items for sale page and click on completed listings.

What he doesn't seem to realize is that Paypal will rule in the buyer's favor almost every time and will just take the money back from him as a way of settling the dispute. He's probably in for the hassle of his life if one of the buyers of a pricey item files a Paypal dispute on him.

Makes it all the more damnably frustrating that you can't easily contact the buyer and bring him/her up-to-speed. eBay needs a Marble Consultant on paid staff. I'm

beginning to think that this area is probably one of the least understood and most open to either purposeful or unintentional misidentification. David