Value Of Box Of Christensen Agate Marbles?

luvsmarbles

I'm having a terrible time trying to upload my pics but Lou the Administrator is helping me by posting them for me.

In your photo software in the edit feature you should have the tab for "save as". Open that and under the drop down for resize, select "best for web" or thumbnail. and save. Then when you upload it's already sized for the forum's file size limits.

yeah minus the lime green slags, and the electric reds and the peach slags, etc... I still value the box itself for 200.00 empty. The Marbles in the box really have no real value in this example. If complete original as shown in the marble mania picture we are talking 1000-3000 original with packing material. Many boxes floating around are pieced together with marbles and material not original to the box. If you see an original box your jaw will drop to the floor, its really that amazing.

Thanks to everyone for all the info. and help with photos! I probably will have to attend a marble show and have someone look at them. I got these about 33 years ago at a flea market in Cleveland, OH and the elderly woman that sold them to my mother insisted that they were given to her by a relative that worked for the C.A.C. Company. That meant nothing to my Mom and I back then, I was just a young kid then that loved marbles and thought they were "neat". I kept them in the top of my closet for years and would take them out from time to time to look at them. I truly love them and hate to sell them but I'll just have too see. Thanks again for all the help!

Best of luck! Thanks for sharing your treasure with us for this short time!

It is a tough size to find in a CAC box

Any more thoughts on that? The pic with the size was added later. Wonder if everyone caught it, and how it factors into the observations.

Just thought I'd say that the marbles look very much original to the box to me and a nice set regardless of any color elitism I may have developed. It could bring a decent price if sold but not one in the atmosphere. Maybe considering the circumstances of the acquisition and the years it has been held this is something special to hand down to a son or daughter.....David