What A Tribute 1" Run Pictures!

I am hoping things have died down about the Jabo Private runs! Not to many pictures have been shown because of all the fighting. If you don't like the Private runs or have negitive feedback don't go any further! Let's at least give Dave and his crew and all the people that it takes to put some-

thing like this together for the ones that really enjoy these runs! Please! It takes a lot of work,time,money and traveling! Most of the people that were very involved like Steve,sissydear, and a lot of other members on this board are not even posting anymore! That is sad! If for some reason you may not like someone you don't have to be rude. Keep it to your self! And just enjoy the marbles! We are adults! I collect all kinds of marbles! Vintage are my favorite! And most of these people that have been involved in the runs have been long time collectors of vintage. Just enjoy!

Yes there was problems with this run! Each lost about 50% after culling! I don't know about all the problems, but maybe if we keep this nice we may learn from someone that knows the problems. And learn from it and understand why the problems accured. Here are some of my favorites!

c6cf8f68.jpgad459302.jpg

713fd329.jpgc408223d.jpg

a41b7894.jpgfc12f985.jpg

Here are some Jumbo's! The smallest one in the front is 1 inch so you could see the difference! The largest is 1" 1/4 huge. Although the Jumbo's do have that orange peel effect. But they are pretty cool. I hope you enjoyed!

d1ddbc3a.jpg

Thanks Alan! Nobody is really talking about them! So I thought I would just show them! They are beautiful colors. Also some people say jabo always has just one side pretty. A lot of these wild patterns all around the marble!

Al, The ones I posted are all 1". But yes there is a lot that are 15/16. I was pretty surprised that there is a lot that are 1" and a little bigger! I remember buying a few cases of jabo's classic 1" in 2006 or so. There were alot that were 15/16.

We'll probably catch a break soon and have some good fortune when JABO finally shuts it's doors for good and there is only one more U.S. co. making marbles on machines. A few more jobs lost to overseas competition, but all the confusion caused by the experimental marbles will die down. Back to no more new marbles. I have a hard time embracing this as progress. I'm no expert on much of anything, but a piece of American history and a unique American art form, like jazz, which has be dead for years or decades depending on your perspective. But, somehow, Mr. McCullough and co. have briefly reanimated it, experimenting with marbles after a lifetime marble making. Seems more like a master in winter than a "con" to me. All this passion (whether hate or love) for new machine made marbles in 2010? That's nothing short of a small miracle.