Just Another New Guy

What kind of pics would you like? And yes to the marbles. Well the groundhog that stops buy form time to time has found a few for us. Back a few years ago I let a couple of people in to see the inside but told them that nothing was to come out well to make this short and sweet they went in and was putting things in there pockets. From that point on I will not let anyone in or on the property. I had thought about having a dig on the property but after that I don't tink I will.

I will take some pics as soon as I can. All of the equipment was remove before 1975 when my Dad rented the main part of the building. There is a big wheel that I think they use for a belt drive for some of the equipment and a water tank up on the wall. As for artifacts just me. I will get some pics of the marbles the groundhog found for us soon also.

You could upload them into a gallery album.

Or if they're less than 450 kb apiece, upload them as attachments. If they're close to 450 without going over, you might need to make a separate post for each attachment.

Or you could email them to one of us and we could do the work of hosting and posting. :)

This is great! I bet that factory was sort of a dangerous place with a bunch of long open belts running around on wooden pulleys - I can only imagine. The marbles look typical for Ravenswood. A lot of their transparent swirls were oversized but 3/4" is probably about as big as I've seen them - lucky groundhog! This is very cool, thanks a lot for sharing the pics. Any idea who RRC is?

I have no idea behind the RRC but it is up at the top of the wall. As for a reputable "digger" I think I will stick with people that I know do to what has happened in the past. And the ground hog has a home here as long as he wants to stay.

Hi Steve ! I am Ron Shepherd and i am one along with Nola Morgan whom you let inside the Ravenswood Novelty factory building several years ago Nov. 2008,when you had it rented from the owner for your Mustang cars and car parts. I know you are the current owner. You also allowed two other people my friends from out of state inside the building not long before us. If the problem was with us or them i do not know. Maybe there were others before of after us ? I do know absolutely for sure that myself and Nola had no idea that nothing was to be removed from the building. If you stated that neither one of us heard it or understood it in any way. When we got to the one spot where a few marbles were inside the building. I know we BOTH of us ask you if we could get some out of the dirt. You said thats ok. You were with us both within a few feet all the time that we were in the building. You saw everything total that we picked out of the dirt. Yes i could put all i had in my pocket and probably did. We never hid anything whatsoever. I have six whole marbles nothing special and four or five out of shape bad,flat side,fractured half way through marbles. I also have eight ot nine small pieces of cullet. Two of the whole marbles are white base and blue common swirl marbles. The other whole marbles are white base and red common swirl Ravenswood marbles. You watched me take the same pictures as yours posted here and a few more of the inside of the building. I still have every small piece of cullet and every marble round or not that i removed from the building. I have always kept it in a small plastic jar with lid. I have showed it to many many marble collectors who have visited my home over those past years. It was special but only because it came from inside the building. It is all just common the more plain Ravenswood Novelty marbles and cullet. I will be in Ravenswood later this week. I will return to you or your house every piece of glass which i removed from the building. If it was me or us,i do not want to feel that i took something that you did not want removed. Even if you were there all the time and never made me or Nola any more aware of that. I have several hundred or thousand Ravenswood marbles for examples that i can use to help teach other marble collectors about Ravenswood marbles. Nola and myself seen you and talked with you several times in the year or two after we were inside the building. We always ask if we could visit the inside of the building again. Because you told us both at the end of the first and only visit that we could come back. Once you got your cars and car parts more organized so we had better access around inside the building. Maybe you being upset that some items had been removed is why you always put us off and avoided us. I had no idea at all until this that nothing was to come out. I will return every piece just as i found it. I do not want it under these circumstances. I apoligize for the misunderstanding by all of us. I will be in contact or leave the items at your front door.