Please Post Examples Of Cac Exotics

Steph

I correspond weekly if not daily with the person who found them. I have no question to their validity. I've seen halves with dirt on them and chipped ones too, they were not all perfect. In fact the ones in the beginning were exactly that. I'm not going to explain again the whole story and yes, Mon, all of this came after I met with you at your house and we discussed them. I was not into them then. I'm all in now. We can have a beer someday and hash it out lol.

Then read all the posts in the deja vu link (everyone should read this again and keep in mind.. Alan didn't trust them....Les told some to sell)

Craig, you was not around in the beginning but claim the trash came first. As I stated earlier in this thread, no one was showing any cullet, halves or chipped marbles and all the old threads back this up. It was around 2006 when they appeared and the story became more muddled. I believe this to be important....show me a couple great example that has one, just one, chip that puts it in the near mint range.....I've yet to see one. Should there be at least a few of these 80 + year old marbles that were stored in a box or under ground?

What started this whole thing could end it.....money!

If you have one sliver of doubt..

call them fakes when seen..

offer no more than $50

and watch what shakes out..

trust me...you can live without owning one of these

mine is just a reminder to look before I leap

Won't anyone stand up and tell Craig and Galen that this is just flat out wrong!!!! Everyone tries to share with the masses here every day but they can thumb their noses at this community? Afraid of losing some money.....thought most are not in it for the money...yep, I'm the ass!

100 REPLIES

2300 VIEWS...YOU DO WANT TO KNOW.....DON'T YOU?

I do not know very much about those pretty CAC marbles so I could easily have bought some of the ones in question except for the fact that they are WAY out of my price league,,,I have always believed that if one is going to spend unco bunco bucks on something they think will bring them back MORE unco buco bucks they had better be pretty sure of what they are buying,,,,now if one wants to spend unco bunco bucks on something just because they like and want it,,,or they "gamble" then that is their business....(I fall into the "gamble" catagory occasionally)...HOWEVER,,,one must be able to afford the amount they gamble correct? I also feel that if a seller KNOWS what they are selling is not the real deal and sells it as such that is totally WRONG,,,and i think there is a legal term for that type of thing.

...so what you all are telling me is that all of the best, brightest, and most interesting "CACs" I have looked at over the past few years in books and on the internet are just modern handmades passed off as old marbles...

How many exotics have been bought and sold? How many marbles are we talking about?

I've noticed that if an old or antique object is copied,the vaslue of the original object decreases enormously.

People are afraid to buy the original,they're afraid to burn themselves.

It could be the same with these ëxotics".

Suppose it's true that there are old and new ëxotics"and you can hardly tell the difference,than you wouldn't buy them anymore.

...so what you all are telling me is that all of the best, brightest, and most interesting "CACs" I have looked at over the past few years in books and on the internet are just modern handmades passed off as old marbles...

How many exotics have been bought and sold? How many marbles are we talking about?

Nantucketdink,

No. That is too wide a brush stroke.

Everyone needs as much information to come to their own conclusion.

Spend as much or little effort as you see fit, but one must make up their own mind.

In fact, you are welcome to change your mind.

What camp are you in?

1) They are real CA marbles. That's what I've thought from the start and believe to this day!

2) They are real CA marbles. I was doubting them at first, but after careful analysis, I've decided that they are real.

3) They are real CA marbles. I didn't buy any, because I'm into Catseyes.

4) Some are real CA marbles. The early ones are real, but the later ones are not.

5) Some are real CA marbles. You just have to educate yourself to know vintage from modern.

6) They are all fake. I had some, but got out.

7) They are all fake. Never held one, but I have an opinion.

8) Create your own camp and insert here >>(______).

9) Mix and match any of the above.

Sincerely,

John McCormick

"Shamrock Marbles"

Below is a canvas of a clear base ST, with quite a bit of embedded debris, that I speculate would have been due to refractory debris or coal fly ash entrained in the combustion gases that came in contact with the molten glass in the furnace. Wouldn't the presence of embedded refractory on the surface of the marble serve to date the marble manufacture to an era when refractory lined and/or coal fired furnaces were employed? Would you expect to see the same kind of surface debris on marbles with glass fired in modern day electric of natural gas furnaces?

Clear%20Base%20White%20Purple-Pink%20Gre

Clear%20Base%20White%20Purple-Pink%20Gre

Nantucketdink,

No. That is too wide a brush stroke.

Everyone needs as much information to come to their own conclusion.

Spend as much or little effort as you see fit, but one must make up their own mind.

In fact, you are welcome to change your mind.

What camp are you in?

1) They are real CA marbles. That's what I've thought from the start and believe to this day!

2) They are real CA marbles. I was doubting them at first, but after careful analysis, I've decided that they are real.

3) They are real CA marbles. I didn't buy any, because I'm into Catseyes.

4) Some are real CA marbles. The early ones are real, but the later ones are not.

5) Some are real CA marbles. You just have to educate yourself to know vintage from modern.

6) They are all fake. I had some, but got out.

7) They are all fake. Never held one, but I have an opinion.

8) Create your own camp and insert here >>(______).

9) Mix and match any of the above.

Sincerely,

John McCormick

"Shamrock Marbles"

six is my answer...

Then read all the posts in the deja vu link (everyone should read this again and keep in mind.. Alan didn't trust them....Les told some to sell)

Craig, you was not around in the beginning but claim the trash came first. As I stated earlier in this thread, no one was showing any cullet, halves or chipped marbles and all the old threads back this up. It was around 2006 when they appeared and the story became more muddled. I believe this to be important....show me a couple great example that has one, just one, chip that puts it in the near mint range.....I've yet to see one. Should there be at least a few of these 80 + year old marbles that were stored in a box or under ground?

What started this whole thing could end it.....money!

If you have one sliver of doubt..

call them fakes when seen..

offer no more than $50

and watch what shakes out..

trust me...you can live without owning one of these

mine is just a reminder to look before I leap

Won't anyone stand up and tell Craig and Galen that this is just flat out wrong!!!! Everyone tries to share with the masses here every day but they can thumb their noses at this community? Afraid of losing some money.....thought most are not in it for the money...yep, I'm the ass!

100 REPLIES

2300 VIEWS...YOU DO WANT TO KNOW.....DON'T YOU?

TO: Craig and Galen that this is just flat out wrong!!!! I agree I'm an ass as well... I guess!

Let me post an Interesting parallel. A couple years ago no one had heard of peltier citrus marbles. There was a huge cache was found by Steve Smith I think. Maybe like 500/1000 of them. They slowly started leaking out and people could obviously recognize them as pelt, especially the pelts "gurus". No one questioned them, but where did he find them all, maybe he made them in his basement. He could have not told anyone where he found that big cache and let them out one by one. Fact is that would have never worked because they are not as esthetically pleasing as CaCs. Yes, some citruses were found in the wild but so were some "exotics"....see Hansels pics. I collect marbles, rarely do I sell them my higher end ones so I don't care who thinks they are real or not. I like them. I have my reasons. Furthermore, these CACs were not one offs. If you really study pics of them and I have many several hundred saved pics of only CAC striped opaques and transparents there are definitely Types and they are very specific. See my post about the Three Sisters last month. Three "exotics". Three different locations. Two out of the wild.......I think one has furnace debris, out of round just like most other CaCs. Hey, no one buy pelt citruses or novas, they are tainted and not real. Do your own research and draw conclusions. I'll send you 700 pics of CaCs you can study and compare colors and then get back to me instead of drawing blind conclusions. I'll send you the color study done by I think Don Rios of Cambridge glass and cac colors. Everything matches up. Go over old posts. The info is there.

It has turned out to be a very good thread.

But hopefully I'm cured of asking about exotics.

Could be I'll do it again in a year or two when I convince myself it's safe to go back in the water. Sometimes I trick myself like that.

I have lots of questions, facts and proof these are new ^^^^^^ but I go no further too! Thanks all for posting....it could have been a great thread! mon

Break out the facts and proof these are new. This is all the info I have. I show a few pics and it goes crickets......six pages of bickering and three pics shuts everyone up, laughable.

I will add I have seen some of these "exotics" at shows that are blatantly bad or torched or whatever, they are few and far between and obvious to a CAC collector. Just like the three fake Cobras I have for study, they are high dollar items and faked by someone at sometime, doesn't mean they are all bad.

Let me post an Interesting parallel. A couple years ago no one had heard of peltier citrus marbles. There was a huge cache was found by Steve Smith I think. Maybe like 500/1000 of them. They slowly started leaking out and people could obviously recognize them as pelt, especially the pelts "gurus". No one questioned them, but where did he find them all, maybe he made them in his basement. He could have not told anyone where he found that big cache and let them out one by one. Fact is that would have never worked because they are not as esthetically pleasing as CaCs. Yes, some citruses were found in the wild but so were some "exotics"....see Hansels pics. I collect marbles, rarely do I sell them my higher end ones so I don't care who thinks they are real or not. I like them. I have my reasons. Furthermore, these CACs were not one offs. If you really study pics of them and I have many several hundred saved pics of only CAC striped opaques and transparents there are definitely Types and they are very specific. See my post about the Three Sisters last month. Three "exotics". Three different locations. Two out of the wild.......I think one has furnace debris, out of round just like most other CaCs. Hey, no one buy pelt citruses or novas, they are tainted and not real. Do your own research and draw conclusions. I'll send you 700 pics of CaCs you can study and compare colors and then get back to me instead of drawing blind conclusions. I'll send you the color study done by I think Don Rios of Cambridge glass and cac colors. Everything matches up. Go over old posts. The info is there.

Yeah, breaking news on the pelt citrus marbles..........oh wait....I was the first who brought this up many times as my example in threads (even told you when you was here) and if you don't believe/remember me ask Smitty!!!!!! News flash for me was when mig stated he dug it from the ground at Peltier before they showed up but it would not surprise me if they will blindly believe you now! Sorry, I thought I was at the end of my road but had one more step before being done. P.S. did Hansel find them in the wild?

Break out the facts and proof these are new. This is all the info I have. I show a few pics and it goes crickets......six pages of bickering and three pics shuts everyone up, laughable.

I will add I have seen some of these "exotics" at shows that are blatantly bad or torched or whatever, they are few and far between and obvious to a CAC collector. Just like the three fake Cobras I have for study, they are high dollar items and faked by someone at sometime, doesn't mean they are all bad.

Is it not...laughable? Now it is you who would like to know and it is I who says..."No soup for you"! Show us some more of that new cullet......ya know...the cullet that was burried in the box or lugged home by that employee.....yeah..they thought this trash was worth saving back then. Years before they hit the market Brian was just running around all the shows stating..."If I could only find whole marbles to match this exotic cullet I;ve found...look"! NOT! History should not be altered!

8 I don't know and the information of "the find" may let me choose another number!

Now I go no further

It has turned out to be a very good thread.

But hopefully I'm cured of asking about exotics.

Could be I'll do it again in a year or two when I convince myself it's safe to go back in the water. Sometimes I trick myself like that.

Steph,

LOL! I know how you feel, but don't be disheartened.

Galen and Craig,

Thank you for coming back.

Craig,

The Don Rios color study is very interesting!

I don't ever remember reading any post on any board with this information.

Is this something that you can bring to the light for all to see?

Is it a word document? PDF?

I think something like this would add to the body of knowledge and be helpful to the collector community.

Sincerely,

John McCormick

"Shamrock Marbles"