Post A Pic Of The Rarest Marble In Your Collection!

I am very interested to see the no.1 rarest, most unusual marble in your collections. So post of pic of that here. Handmades and machine mades.

Here's a pic of my rarest, a large 1-3/8" beachball Indian Lutz marble. Not only extremely rare, but also very beautiful.

I am looking forward to seeing your rarities!

post-92-0-52128200-1429350743_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what it is, but have never seen another. Any guesses? The metallic border is the puzzle.

Burt

Those two views make me think Acme Realer.

I think I see the fire inside on the right edge of the second picture.

Galen made both of his marbles, and handed them off to me, to snap them off the punty and put them in the annealing kiln, because I warned him that was the tricky part. I dropped both of them, and they blazed off across the floor, and rolled under the fridge. We had hecka trouble picking them up and getting them to the kiln.

Galen also brought his CAC's to show me, because I had never seen one in person. He let me hold one, and I dropped it, too.

Guys, that was thoughtless of me. Sometimes I get caught up in trying to do an 'artsy'

shot, and forget that many people here would prefer well-lit multiple views. ( :

Thanks to all posters for the great marbles here!

I don't know if this is rare or not. Maybe lots of people have them but don't think it's impressive enough to post. :)

Still, I am not sure I've ever seen another one. I have seen one partial box of Pelts that I think it might belong in but have never been certain.

It's a hand-gathered opalescent marble -- scorching hot under UV light.

post-279-1207325447.jpg