Post A Marble With A Name

Steph

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still struggle with their range of variation, or generally, the basic concept of CAC bloodies.

Me too. I put this one up for ID here on the Board. It was not sold as a Bloodie, but I was not confident in my own Bloodie thoughts, in a manner of speaking . . . (I bought it just because it's the type of swirl I like the best).

Me too. I put this one up for ID here on the Board. It was not sold as a Bloodie, but I was not confident in my own Bloodie thoughts, in a manner of speaking . . . (I bought it just because it's the type of swirl I like the best).

Those are great pictures. Maybe someone would put up a few more examples for us to study and admire? BTW, it might be worth pointing out, that today was the day I carried a bloodie around with me at work...for some time now, I carry, in a small cloth zipper pouch, the mib of the day. Sometimes I go rare, sometimes transitional, sometimes flashy and other times I go ugly (mind you, I don't think marbles I like need to be flashy and sexy, they just need to be interesting to me). People who know me, ask to see the mib-of-the-day...and they get a small lesson in glass and a chance to hold something cool. I find it good way to get more mileage out of the collection. John

They are cool, and It's interesting you say that, since it looks a lot like what others would call a Woody.

I wondered if that those could be considered a woody...but examples (tiny pictures, maybe wrong) lead me to believe they should have more coverage, be a bit more variegated, and a broader color range...sometimes things I've seen as Woodies were less transparent too!). Would be happy to know if this is one of them. Thanks Ric! john

As usual with marbles, there's lots of variation. The best Woodies would have more coverage. Sometimes the ribbons widen out, or even run together on one or both sides, but it's pretty much the same marble, IMO - just tighter ribbons.

As usual with marbles, there's lots of variation. The best Woodies would have more coverage. Sometimes the ribbons widen out, or even run together on one or both sides, but it's pretty much the same marble, IMO - just tighter ribbons.

Ah yes, the ages old problem of how wide the variation should go to include, or exclude, the possibilities. Maybe the neighborhood is the best we can hope for.

• 3 weeks later...