Looking For Info On A Marble Bag

I see a lot of stuff made for flowers (stands and such) that look like they can be used for marbles. Maybe this is similar? Perhaps something was put in the bag to weight it, and flowers were put through the openings?

Yep, grommets. I don't know why grommets either -- and big ones. To hold your winnings steady? Until the game was over? The bags don't seem terrifically expandable given the relatively shallow depth, so maybe not a real carry-'em-all marble bag. A temporary show-off kind of marble-winning thing?

I understand the flower idea too, but I'm having trouble putting together water (for the flowers?) and the leather and coming up with something . . .

Maybe it originally had that weird green foam stuff you always see things stuck into.

I think this type of "marble bag" predates green florist foam. But I could be wrong.

This is for macho potpourri.

My point exactly! Given the nature of and use for a sachet, where could it be intended for, with that leather body, industrial zipper, and honking great grommets? A horse stall? I just can't reconcile the materials with the sachet suggestion.

An FAO novelty gift makes much more sense!

• 2 weeks later...