Sometimes All You Can Do Is Laugh!

I just contacted that seller about pulling an auction early as the marble had multiple bids. He responded politely that he thought he had made a mistake on who made the marble. He did put the auction back up exactly as it was listed the first time, but that soured me on his auctions.

So glad to follow the experts here. I just gave the ebay auction a glance and found only one of the pictures to be really sharp. And there I see those little craters in the surface. On the defocused photos there is also at least one small crater. Not that I thought of bidding for a marble, just for curiosity...

Are those craters the cause for your opinion or is there more like the title of "Akro-Agate"?

I've only returned to bidding on Ebay in the last week or so and Mr. Pawn-Masters has already rung my alarm bells. Now if we can just get sellers to stop titling their auctions "Akro, Peltier, Christensen ...." then I could start finding what I'm really looking for.

So... Can someone take a look at this auction and tell me if he knows what he's talking about. It's a very pretty marble, but at 5/8 it's *well* past what I'd pay for it. Even if it's an M.F. Christensen, the bids are way high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301819110159?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Did you see they sold a Master sunburst for $172 that he listed as an Akro Sparkler even though the body of his listing says Master?

I just don't get it. I could list every single one of my Master sunbursts as Akro Sparklers, including 1" ones, and I'd never sell one for more than $50. Of course I'd never do that but is there some mysterious force that takes hold of people once the threshold of honesty and disbelief is passed?

Did you see they sold a Master sunburst for $172 that he listed as an Akro Sparkler even though the body of his listing says Master?

I just don't get it. I could list every single one of my Master sunbursts as Akro Sparklers, including 1" ones, and I'd never sell one for more than $50. Of course I'd never do that but is there some mysterious force that takes hold of people once the threshold of honesty and disbelief is passed?

7/8" is pretty darn big for a Master Sunburst with that much color in it -- maybe that drove the price?

And maybe some people thinking it could be a Sparkler helped.

Whatever it is, that's big.

So... Can someone take a look at this auction and tell me if he knows what he's talking about. It's a very pretty marble, but at 5/8 it's *well* past what I'd pay for it. Even if it's an M.F. Christensen, the bids are way high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301819110159?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm not sure that one is even vintage. Doesn't look MFC to me. But it's busy. And someone might think they're getting a "brick". Who knows? *scratching head*

Holy Cr*p... 42 bids. Is he some kind of wizard putting dumb spells on bidders? Ok. Time to just put them on ignore.

When you look through the bidders you see a lot of the same people bidding on a lot of his auctions. Even though you don't see a full name, you can still tell. I would say that he either has a lot of regular customers or.....

That last one reminds me of a Mike Edmondson marble I have . . .

I've gotten a few decent mibs from pawn-masters too, but they seem to have gone off the deep end lately as far as their attributions are concerned. Buyer beware, as usual.

Just hope beginning collectors don't get fooled by them . . .