Iding Acme Realers From Pictures

tankgrrl29

How many Peltier Acme Realers are in this picture?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How many Peltier Acme Realers are in this picture?

Dat' was ME.................. :lol:

RAR...............soon to be WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!

To damn hard for me.........unless I have them in HAND and you had

to use the GREEN ones..........the hardest of all.........for my Pelt Pea

Brain..................... :wacko:

looks like roughly 2.5 correct guesses out of 13 or so, which is why i cringe whenever someone posts an unqualified ID of 'acme realer' in response to a picture of a mossy looking patch.

here are the same three marbles, same positions - backlit. notice how dense the baseglass is on the two left marbles, while the one on the right turns practically clear, revealing some motion inside with a touch of opalescense (and even a hint of feathering!):

edit: man, i'm a dolt - sorry - the Acme Realer is the ONE on the right :D

acmerealerquiz2.jpg

thanks for playing :D

~chris

Chris????.....Um, I don't want to seem like a dummy..... but which one exactly was the correct one?

(I picked the one on the right BTW...and voted for 1.)

was I correct? or do I get the Boobie prize????

And YES you need to spell it out to me. (or at least cirlce the correct one.)....LOL!

Soooooo Thennnnn, that would be a way to ID them???

comparing to a known example would be my personal recommendation. some are a little more obvious than others. i've found some while out hunting that i thought sure were peltiers, then when i got them home to compare, found that they weren't after all. but if you can backlight the marble and see the above features, there's a good chance you got one.

congrats to the winning guesses - you may all "high-5" one another :D

smilies-586.png

~chris

comparing to a known example would be my personal recommendation. some are a little more obvious than others. i've found some while out hunting that i thought sure were peltiers, then when i got them home to compare, found that they weren't after all. but if you can backlight the marble and see the above features, there's a good chance you got one.

congrats to the winning guesses - you may all "high-5" one another :D

smilies-586.png

~chris

Eh...Eh...Eh...EH....EHWAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Pipe Down Liz!

Ive never got into Acme Realers , i have some are they getting popular or are they hard to find? B)

this is a totally rough guesstimate, but i think regular peerless patches outnumber acme realers around 10-1.

they're kinda like whiteys in the respect that they're not particularly eye-appealing, but to some people (like me) they're fun to find. and....every once in a while you find an oddball, which makes them extra fun.

~chris