Cryptid Vitro or?

bumblebee

1 minute ago, Steph said:

Colors could be dug Akro?

But the last time I thought dug Akro on a peachy ribbon, I think the consensus was Vitro, so I'm really just tossing that out there, not voting. 

Didn't consider that. It is dead mint and came from the "wild" as far as I know, but that doesn't eliminate Akro. It does remind me of another anemic tri-lite that I have but this one is definitely on a different color spectrum.

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Colors could be dug Akro?

But the last time I thought dug Akro on a peachy ribbon, I think the consensus was Vitro, so I'm really just tossing that out there, not voting. 

I just glanced at an Akro Popeye Patch and it sure looked a lot like this guy in terms of construction .

I think you have a Vitro. I have some very close to this. They are from the late 1970's early 1980's. Nice detailed pictures. Mine are not that good. Your marble has more clear base than mine show. But the same color combination. Yours the top of the line of what I have. 

DSC02960.JPG

DSC02956.JPG

The cut lines on your marble look Vitro. But cut lines are not always accurate. The colors of mine are weak, probably either very early or late in the run. With colors just starting or at the end running thin or out.  Even my group has a noticeable difference in color thickness and the amounts of clear showing. 

DSC02957.JPG

I cannot rule Akro out totally. My marbles may look veneered but if you blow up pictures of the bubble pack. You can see that with some of these the white color can go well to the center of the marble. The others may just have more color near the surface that we cannot see what is inside. The white is just under the other colors on many. The most successful veneered marbles were opaque base.  Veneered or not ???????  The colors on your marble is richer, more bold, thicker but if you spread or thin the colors on your marble, would they match mine ? I know most owners would rather it be Akro. Only one reason why. It is the same marble who ever made it. The company name should not affect it or sway identification.

I cannot say 100% sure which company produced it. That is also what I would tell any potential buyer. It could fit in a Akro collection or maybe a Vitro collection. Someday more will show up and someday more info about this one will surface. I am sure there were more than this one made.