Currently Practicing Social Distancing

Marbleized

Hi Everyone,  Just shooting the breeze right now.  Our county has informed us that we should seriously practice social distancing, so I'm trying to do my part. Luckily, I have the marbles to keep me occupied.  I've been looking through the ones that I bought in jars, trying to identify them.  So if I am posting too much, you know why.  Also, picked up my flute again, but I'm not sure if the neighbors are happy about that! LOL!  Stay safe and healthy!--Gail

I work at a hotel.   It's still open for now. The attached restaurant has now closed except for carry-out or room service.  The hotel management is playing it by ear -- we have many longterm guests working construction jobs in the area.   My 72-year-old coworker just had her last day until the threat passes. 

Sooooo, anywaaaaaay,  I don't know what I'll be doing next week.  

P.s., yay flute!  I tried to pick it up again after a long hiatus ... but my CATS objected and so I gave it away. 

But we _do_ have a small tuba in the attic ..... hmmmmmm .......

I can imagine how tough it is for everyone particularly in the food and hospitality industry and the health care industry.  It's a crazy time.  A tuba sounds like fun and I'm thinking the cats might not mind the lower frequency.  Fortunately, my two old cats don't mind the flute.  I think they are a little hard of hearing.  So far, the neighbors haven't told me to stop LOL!  Take care!!

I've been getting flower beds cleaned up and have built a potting bench. Reading a lot. I have a recorder and a harmonica that I've been meaning to try. I never learned to sew and there's a machine in the attic. Maybe I should turn off the TV and put my phone down. Good inspiration here. Cats and dogs would like it if I would find something to do that doesn't interrupt their naps. Everyone take care and thanks to all you marble people for a bright spot in my day. 

I think that might be a good idea, putting the electronic devices away.  How much can the news change in a day, anyway.  But, we all have to save some time for Marble Connection, right?  I'm enjoying reading what everyone is posting.  Gotta just make the best of things.  I'm also catching up on old-fashioned letter writing. Take care!

My cat pushes me off the computer sometimes.  She has become hooked on animal videos!   So sometimes I leave her to them.   She likes the computer so much she even likes to watch my letters appear as I'm typing.  It's just hard to type with her there.  

I had postponed my garden plans because my job was going to be so busy in summer ... and so physical.  But I'm not currently on the schedule, so maybe it's time to get out to those beds.  Yeah ... good idea.  Not going into work has  messed with my diet!  And I was doing so well!  Garden is sounding better and better.

Can't even begin to know how this is affecting everyone. My diet is nonexistent except for those lovely carbs!  Cats love the jigsaw puzzles more than the computer. Those pieces just fly better. Marble connection is my favorite place on the net. Keep all the ID help post coming. 

Nice!!! I remember seeing masks that had animal faces and designs on them somewhere, way before this coronavirus came along.  They were so cute and uplifting.  Bless your daughter's heart and all the people who work with her as well!  They are all heroes, facing this virus with all its challenges!  You must be so proud of her!  Take care!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone - I don't have  an attic with a small tuba to turn to, but I also am trying to make a little sanity for my husband & myself in the midst of this craziness. Finding Marble Connection & all your thoughts, ideas & knowledge has given me the outlet I need to focus on outside myself. Thanks to you all & keep safe, Bonniemarbles 

It seems that tasks take twice the effort because of covid19. Just to get groceries, I’m mapping my path to open the least amount of doors, trying to develop a routine of where to keep my only bottle of hand sanitizer, not rubbing my eyes, social distancing, sanitizing everything when I get back into the house...I haven’t been able to get to my marbles to post for id help or to try out the gallery, but I do enjoy checking to see everyone else’s posts for the time being—until I get my routine going smoothly. Be safe!

Hubby did NOT go shopping this weekend.  But he does have tomorrow off so will probably go then.  It's been a LONG LONG time since hubby and his guy friends have not gone out to spend money together on the weekend.  

I love to grocery shop. Always have. Visiting my sister years back, she took me to Wegmans. Like Disneyworld. Needless to say, I'm not liking it much now. Have only been twice since early March. Stocked up then and we have a freezer and can a lot in the summer. May have to go tomorrow, but don't want to. WV is not nearly as bad as other states, but we all need to be cautious. Everyone be safe.