19 hours ago, Steph said:

Going to say yes to that, and made even harder to find because most of the remaining ones are probably stuck away in jars of game marbles.

That's exactly how I found that red monochrome alley flame. digging through pile's of gaming marble's and stuff other people didn't want. Also found several solid green av. master's 2 or 3 gumball's and a few solid oxblood marbles, Akro I believe!!  Well worth the hour's of eye strain and the sore back, to me at least. Probably blew right by a canary or 2. guess I'll have to go to the landfill start diggin and take another look :unsure: Let' see now I wonder where they buried those ??? I'll take some pic's of the Master's, gumball's and the Akro for the next down load. Again please be patient w/ me while I learn how to transfer these pic's w/o losing them.    Thank You,  Chad G.

alley23.PNG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/16/2020 at 5:02 AM, mibcapper said:

mural's painted on buildings in downtown ottowa yrs. ago. city pride for sure ... bill

ottowa 019.jpg

ottowa 020.jpg

ottowa 021.jpg

ottowa 022.jpg

ottowa 024.jpg

I left a pic of a box of cerise agate's for ya on page 3 bill, thought you might like to see em !!!

Chad G.

Just looking through some old pic's and stumbled across it. I always have problem's with remembering the color's of certain boxes, maybe I'm color blind ???  For some reason I had this box of milkies, not the marble's just the box confused w/ the cerise agate's box. :dunno:  ( I must be blind or my mind is goin " ) probably a little of each.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbill.PNG

Seen em before I was confused by the coral color and seam so I paid them no never mind. Like I said, I throw away nothing mint anymore, a lesson hard learned. By the way nice pic's and thank you for sharing yet another tidbit of knowledge, though I'll probably never see them again I'll certainly not pass them up.

Regards,

Chad G.

7 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Just looking through some old pic's and stumbled across it. I always have problem's with remembering the color's of certain boxes, maybe I'm color blind ???  For some reason I had this box of milkies, not the marble's just the box confused w/ the cerise agate's box. :dunno:  ( I must be blind or my mind is goin " ) probably a little of each.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbill.PNG

Wish I had a fresh minty box of each in one of my curios Bill.   "Yum Yum delicious"

Does anyone collect rainbow's ??  I don't have any metalic's anymore but I have started op a pretty good selection. These are some of the better one's. ( sorry for the blurry pic ) I took some individual shot's that I will post a little later.

pelt27.PNG

On 8/19/2020 at 11:53 PM, Chad G. said:

A fun game !!! there's an impostor in the bunch, find and Identify !!!

Imposter?  Is one a Vitro Whitie?  I don't know which one for sure -- I see three or four I'd wonder about. 

It's a kokomo, I know the mighty white is  close,  That's what thought it was for a long time. I know the color's are a little different in pics's 2 & 3 but row 3 is close the mib I have. For a long, long time the kokomo's w/ the wider stripe's, sometime's split, I had put away w/ my rainbow's, but always wondered about the little fleck's in the glass.  Just like the semblance of this one  to a white, side by side you can't tell as easy . Although both of us would probably I.D. the white right off the bat.I guess i kinda cheated a little. Also a small bit of opalescence, something a white doesn't have.( AHhh  there it is an "exact duplicate to my mib, it say's not to copy so out of respect I won't. Go to West Va. marble collector's club, kokomo glass, pic # 8, 2nd row from the top, clear to the right is my mib's doppelganger.)

'

z1.PNG

3 hours ago, Steph said:

Imposter?  Is one a Vitro Whitie?  I don't know which one for sure -- I see three or four I'd wonder about. 

There all pelt's except One, third row up from bottom, the third mib going from left to right. Not a white in the bunch.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:18 PM, schmoozer said:

Remove the single blue bands, increase it to 1” and whaddya get?

Ooooh.  Hey ... I think you could be onto something!

P.s., that base did look pelty to me from the start -- that's why I was asking leading questions about it.

• 5 months later...
18 hours ago, Tommy said:

How do you id this canary. Is it the glow and the seams 

It both glows under UV and has great fire inside in daylight.

The time I realized I might have something special was when I noticed that it had the handgathered nine pattern.   Then later my favorite Pelt guy confirmed it for me.