• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sami, getting pretty bored being at home all the time, disability suck's, I sure miss going to the marble shows but health dictates otherwise, that's the rebel I told you I have and the .751 limeade ox cork is posted on my favorite mib's, it's as wet as wet gets, w/ one barely visible under 10 x dimple . I'm working on getting some good daylight bulb's so I can take some decent pictures. As you can see I still have the marble's I traded you, the ruby bee is in my other display, haven't taken pic's of quite a few mib's still. I even made the tiger I got from you my avatar, knew I would hear from you at some point. might as well post some pelt' while I'm here. Complete all clean mint set, the kayo is the wettest comic I've ever seen but the stamp is rather weak, no superfluous graphite splatter or av. bubble pop's.

pelt20.JPG

a few better pics of this marble. a bit over 1" ...i'll try and make the story short ... several yrs. back, ??? at the canton show, this marble was put on the floor for opinions as to maker and label 1 afternoon, in front of several notable peltier collectors, past and present, who post here also, plus the promoter of the show .... all came back with same conclusion.. peltier cerise. wasn't my 1st. choice on buy .. but after my doubts, let other opinions convince me otherwise. bill

peltier cerise. 1-1 sixteenth in..JPG

peltier cerise. 1-1sixteenth in. (2).JPG

peltier cerise. 1-1sixteenth in..JPG

Thank's Bill, from the view of the other photo you posted I have a Christensen that could almost be it's doppelganger, But the new photo's shed a whole new light on it. Thank you for sharing your information. Live and learn,  If I  quit learning new thing's about marble's there wouldn't be much sense in pursuing the hobby, I would be at an impasse. At this rate I don't think I have "anything" to worry about.I have seen some,  if I remember right old white gropper boxes of cerise agates at marble show's but never payed them much credence, they were usually far out of my price range. I'm going to take another look @ the similar one I have to see if it's a cerise or not, it measures 23/32 well shy of 1 inch, the more I look the more positive I am mine's a Christensen. I will post a picture as soon as I download my pic's again so you can tell me what you think,thank's again Bill. 

1 hour ago, Chuck G said:

A few, old photo.  Chuck G

100_0579.jpg

Abut 4 of them are on my most wanted list Chuck, some very nice pelt's, thank's for sharing.

Regards,

Chad G.

I realize I've already posted some of these but I'm trying the gang mentality approach. I know these aren't on a marble display dome, it's a thimble display dome I added some rubber o ring's and saved myself a few buck's.

pelt24.JPG

4 hours ago, mibcapper said:

a few better pics of this marble. a bit over 1" ...i'll try and make the story short ... several yrs. back, ??? at the canton show, this marble was put on the floor for opinions as to maker and label 1 afternoon, in front of several notable peltier collectors, past and present, who post here also, plus the promoter of the show .... all came back with same conclusion.. peltier cerise. wasn't my 1st. choice on buy .. but after my doubts, let other opinions convince me otherwise. bill

peltier cerise. 1-1 sixteenth in..JPG

peltier cerise. 1-1sixteenth in. (2).JPG

peltier cerise. 1-1sixteenth in..JPG

Arghh!! ya got me, right in me pea sized brain pan, at least I'm in good company. ( I think )

Chad G.