Anacortes Vitro

Steph

Vitro was in Anacortes, Washington from 1989 to 1992.    Small window of time.  These are my examples.  They came in a bag which I naughtily opened.    I wanted to take some nicely detailed pictures but I have been overwhelmed by the prospect since there are so many types, so here they all are.     Now that I have this big group photo out of the way, I can try to provide better detail on any special requests 

cRVRUsU.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Vitro was in Anacortes, Washington from 1989 to 1992.    Small window of time.  These are my examples.  They came in a bag which I naughtily opened.    I wanted to take some nicely detailed pictures but I have been overwhelmed by the prospect since there are so many types, so here they all are.     Now that I have this big group photo out of the way, I can try to provide better detail on any special requests 

cRVRUsU.jpg

Nice mib's Steph, I live not far from Anacortes, I'll have to do a little research myself, thanks for sharing and lettin the "cat out of the bag" By the look's of the pile there's definitely a lot of pic's in your very near future.

Edited by Chad G.
addition

Thanks Steph!  I need to do some catching up.  Not sure why I haven't been looking through or for marbles lately.  Maybe the days are getting colder so I'm trying to get out into the woods to enjoy the fresh air and wildlife.  And trying to work off last winter's fuel reserves before I start to refuel, if you know what I mean. Any chance of giving the marbles a swoosh to see some of the other sides?  Thanks.

• 2 years later...
On 9/21/2020 at 5:49 PM, Marbleized said:

Thanks Steph!  I need to do some catching up.  Not sure why I haven't been looking through or for marbles lately.  Maybe the days are getting colder so I'm trying to get out into the woods to enjoy the fresh air and wildlife.  And trying to work off last winter's fuel reserves before I start to refuel, if you know what I mean. Any chance of giving the marbles a swoosh to see some of the other sides?  Thanks.

OMG, Gail, this was more than two years ago?  I kept tellin myself I need to do that "soon".    I was certainly correct not to make promises.   (I am still struggling with cameras.)   But now I definitely intend to get some close-ups of my little sample.

And if anyone else has photos with better detail, the more tha merrier.  

these were EVERYWHERE (on ebay) when i started collecting. they always caught my eye but if i saw that pinky-purple, it was a dead giveaway. i used to complain that the lots always looked like they had "something" but turned out to not be "anything". 

that said, they really are pretty, and i am happy to have several bottles & jars of them. 

Aren't the Lilacs from Anacortes? And it might just be me, but it seems like they made a lot more marbles with brown on them there too - I think some of those are pretty nice. On the other hand, it also seems like they produced quite a few marbles with a "sheen" on them, which I don't usually care for. And it seems that many of the marbles look more JABOish too. I'd be interested to hear other's thoughts about how production from Anacortes might differ from earlier locations.

These are a a couple of types I find pretty attractive . . .

image.png.1bd40f58f04f1c5feb78dfb765874ec9.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tankgrrl29 said:

is Don Miller active on this board? . . .

Don has not posted here in over 7 years, which is a bummer. He has a lot to offer and I always appreciated his participation in the conversations. I don't do Facebook except to sneak on my wife's account occasionally to keep up with family. I have a feeling that many people who used to be regulars here have moved to those groups.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

I have a feeling that many people who used to be regulars here have moved to those groups.

that's a shame, if so. i'm on FB and my opinion is that it's useless for learning marbles.

agree with you on Don's contributions. he pretty much mentored me when i was new. before i had a camera, i'd send him my marbles to confirm my ID guesses or to take photos for me so i could share them. as i gained experience, we'd do trades, or exchange gifts. can't recall if it was decatur or ottawa where we met in person. every new collector should be so lucky! 

• Like 2

Don is still with marbles. He attends the FL show regular.  The Vitro Lilacs were made at Parkersburg and Anacortes. So were the horseshoe Cat Eyes. Both of these are usually attributed to Anacortes location only. The Vitro confetti's were made at both locations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2