My Lady Taters

Made by Alley and a little on the rare side, @ least as far as me getting ahold of any.  Adopted collectors name's "lady taters " ,"tater bug's " Steph has a good selection as well as Ron S. He posted a pic of one of his good one's somewhere in here I forget where, a bit confusing I.D. ing them @ first as w/ alot of W.Va. mibs. and I'm an Alley freak. I'm an in hand man pictures can be misleading for me. Ron could probably tell ya in a flat second where the name came from and all the other detail's as well. I'm having enough trouble as is, I'll put out my best guess, if I have no idea I'll just wait for someone who does, I've been wrong before and more than likely will be again, nothing ventured nothing gained !! great deal putting it out there Bruce :thup: 

3 hours ago, Berryb said:

OK, I'll bite, what'sa Tater? who made 'em and what do I look for when I'm diggin' thru my mibs yet again? Thanks, I guess.

Bruce

The Alley Tater Bug was named I think by Sammy Hogue if I remember right, because the colors reminded him of a taterbug. They look like this 

Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-61.jpg
Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-59.jpg

And then the marbles with the name Lady in the Alleys have this lavender color, shown in the opal lady, blue lady, and others:

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-62.
Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-47.
Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-53.png

So, the lady tater requires knowledge of the previous types to make sense. The Lady Tater Bug is the same marble as the Taterbug, but with the addition of the lady color lavender. That's the way I understand it at least. There is a green tater and orange tater too. I've seen another marble that doesn't have the taterbug base and it has a pinkish ribbon and folks calling it a Lady Tater too. Maybe the name has encompassed those? An example like it is in the Alley book. Here's mine, a gift from a good marble friend:

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-59.

Il 14/10/2020 alle 03:52, cheese ha detto:

L'Alley Tater Bug è stato chiamato credo da Sammy Hogue se ricordo bene, perché i colori gli ricordavano un taterbug. Assomigliano a questo 

Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-61.jpg
Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-59.jpg

E poi le biglie con il nome Lady in the Alleys hanno questo colore lavanda, mostrato nella donna opalina, nella signora blu e in altre:

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-62.
Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-47.
Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-53.png

Quindi, la signora tater richiede la conoscenza dei tipi precedenti per avere un senso. Il Lady Tater Bug è lo stesso marmo del Taterbug, ma con l'aggiunta del color lavanda lady. Almeno questo è il modo in cui lo capisco. C'è anche un tater verde e uno arancione. Ho visto un altro marmo che non ha la base del taterbug e ha un nastro rosato e la gente lo chiama anche Lady Tater. Forse il nome ha racchiuso quelli? Un esempio simile è nel libro Alley. Ecco il mio, un regalo di un buon amico del marmo:

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-59.

This is considered "lady", right Chuck?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Here's an I.D page I found in one of my alley folders, don't know where I got it but looks as if it's to be used for identification so here ya go De Roberto, hope this help's. Looks like a Champion swirl to me, not seeing the opalescent base glass, more of a white color. Just my observation, Chuck is much better @ I.D. ing these lady's than I am !!

Chad G.

image.png.e455bf6319483eb82ee9aaccdab56142.png

Maybe De Roberto, but don't just go off me wait, someone else will chime in soon. Hopefully Chuck or Ron with a more positive I.D. Still to me not an alley, white threads not opalescent, "I have been wrong many times before", guess we'll wait and see. My best guess is still Champion !! I'm here to learn as you are my friend, hopefully I'll never forget. One thing about this forum, once I do learn something new I don't forget. One from Ebay, again more opalescence less white stranding.

image.thumb.png.d69bb276bb93c9e694fef559a6124846.png

Alley Opal Lady has a translucent opalescent base when backlit. Slight yellow tint to the base. The Lady Tater has a definite yellow/brown mix base. 

There are other Alleys that have the same lavender, pink swirls.  Not are are named.  

The Alley Kurly Kate is clear base and lavender/pink swirl. 

Da Roberto, 

I found one just like yours that sold on Ebay a couple weeks ago described simply as an Alley swirl, no name just Alley swirl, looks as if Ron was correct, no name still a very nice Alley marble, even the backlit pic looks like yours.

image.png.bf6c1f3de57d6dd2b69fb4678c085594.png