Clear/White Peltier

Way cool!  I had Mike Barton's word for it that they existed, but still very cool to see white feathering!  What a find.  Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I just saw Roberto's post and got sent down a road and tunnel.  Still ... I believe!  :) 

YES!!! a (true) feathered clear base and white opaque Peltier is HTF. They do exist , as i have seen them.  I must add to this, that there are many Peltier white slags that are very hard to tell if they actually are Peltiers.  I will not go into detail to much on this, as it will be promoted later on. Everyone knows of the clear and white "Sunsets" as there are many of them. However there is another example i (think) is pretty hard to find and not many examples are around, now i could be wrong but here goes. It is called "Snow n Ice" It is a completely clear bubbly base with (6) white wide ribbons (only) on the surface and (nothing) internally. In what time period these were produced, not sure.  Look thru your Peltier marbles and see if you can find one or two. This is my (opinion) and use it as you may.  Chuck G---

A definite pelt. thanks for the pics, a good keeper, "uncommon" I personally like the rooster tail pattern even compared to the busier patterns. A few of the ones I have now. just started on them after selling my collection in 09, then all my pelt slags where rooster tails, I'll post some old pics as well.

image.png.68760071cce2fcbc24c39f93302c5180.png

image.png.5877544fad017c9545f72c40a4e98eb9.png

image.png.2bb4155ea5dbcd8d86f95a77033e28b7.png

Some from my old collection !! The rooster tail pattern I love, there are much better examples but as you all know a matter of perspective and personal choice.

image.png.a1a7ec0b579077b6c1bbf37556ad5675.png

This one w/ this pattern also vhtf, from my 09 auction, a uv. onyx w/ what I call a banded pattern. I haven't seen one w/ this pattern and in wet condition like this since.

image.png.f514ebce8b5c9c2f7cf5c19e6905f279.png

The clear white pelt slags are very very rare, I believe yours to be just another type of "swirl" not peltiers. Non feather white pelts slags are very hard to I.D. Chuck G. is much more versed than I am on them, maybe mess him or wait for someone else to chime in.

Chad G.

• 2 weeks later...

Short answer: Maybe

Long answer: I'm not a packaging collector so taking a stab at one that didn't come straight out of a box would be iffy.  I have seen examples claimed to be handgathered peltiers and to my eye at least they are fairly unremarkable in terms of distinguishing characteristics. 

Very cool, I had no idea that a clear/white Pelt Slag was this difficult to find; fun to step away from my Akros and learn a little about other marbles ^_^

So I dragged my slags out this evening (its not that many) and have been looking around on line trying to find out if there are rarer sizes. Really the only thing I was able to find is that any CACs over 25/32" are considered rare.
I believe I have a Christensen red slag, small in diameter, but I can't really find much on unusual sizes. It appears to have one seam, but I am far from a slag identifier.

Hoping you might be able to answer that question, are there standard sizes for CAC slags? Are smaller diameters more difficult to find?

-Jess

There do exist examples that are in the 3/8-15/32" range on the one end and 1-1/8" on the other.  13/16" is a very difficult size to find in particular.  The larger sizes are almost always handgathered especially at or over an inch and are very rare.  Peewees are desireable but not as rare as their larger counterparts.

4 hours ago, slagmarble said:

There do exist examples that are in the 3/8-15/32" range on the one end and 1-1/8" on the other.  13/16" is a very difficult size to find in particular.  The larger sizes are almost always handgathered especially at or over an inch and are very rare.  Peewees are desireable but not as rare as their larger counterparts.

Ah, got it, thank you so much.
This one is not a peewee, it's just smaller than all the others I have.
Thank you for the breakdown in size, much appreciated!

17/32"

RedSlag1R.jpg

RedSlag2R.jpg

RedSlag3R.jpg

RedSlag_17_32.jpg