Peltier Grey Dragon vs. Peltier Orange Angel.

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

The one just above, looks Vitro to me. How many Pelts or Kokomo has three(maybe four) different color ribbons side by side touching each other on half the marble and one white filament or stringy ribbon on the opposite half or other side ?  Lots of companies made opaque and translucent gray base marbles.  

The Pelt Angels that I had, all three color combos were yellow/brown translucent base. Most look about as much yellow as brown. I have never seen a gray base Angel.  I call a off yellow to brown a muddy base. I never thought of gray as muddy. Most dirt in the east is yellow, brown or red, lots of yellow and red clay.  I know well the midwest has black dirt. Maybe muddy there is gray ?  

I think maybe mibber mistook something along the way ?? I believe he had it I.D. as Vitro on AAM which is correct ( not a pelt not kokomo ) the ones I show displayed on the board are Kokomo. Agree also on the angels I've seen & had. The only grey ones I had were the Pelt Grey Dragon Rainbo's and a couple Juggernauts that I auctioned all in 09. The grey base on those things still sticks in my mind, same color as cured concrete. Very memorable just like the weird yellow brown translucent color of the angel base glass, something once you see you never forget, I think they called it a muddy base for no better description, maybe something that needs changed ?? to what I don't know, just translucent would be fine once you've seen some you could never mistake them for any other mib.

16 minutes ago, Peltier Mibber said:

I agree.

Phew !! I'm glad we nipped that in the bud, I'm lookin for Bills pic of his angels. "Ah" your pic will do nicely Ron, couldn't find Bill's, as said I see more yellow than brown or muddy as you do. Pictures taken by Ron S. courtesy of AAM.  Maybe the person that coined it "muddy base" was wearing sunglasses ??

image.png.f849fae4a7db681ef40e207acf2e778a.png

I have never considered an opaque base (no light passes through) to be "muddy", regardless of it's color. Am I wrong? Next question, does any light pass through the base of a Gray Dragon or a Confederate? Last question, is the base color of this marble gray or tan?

image.png

It looks more tan than gray to me and I want to know if I am having monitor issues. The base on this one looks way more gray to me:

s-l1600 - 2021-03-20T095240.289.jpg

Am I seeing things?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I have never considered an opaque base (no light passes through) to be "muddy", regardless of it's color. Am I wrong? Next question, does any light pass through the base of a Gray Dragon or a Confederate? Last question, is the base color of this marble gray or tan?

image.png

It looks more tan than gray to me and I want to know if I am having monitor issues. The base on this one looks way more gray to me:

Am I seeing things?

The bottom one is grey in hand. 

This one is \/\/\/ is not as grey and is like the one labeled Grey Dragon. (Tan with hint of yellow).

Removing the word muddy kinda clears things up for me.

I'll check tonight if any light shines through either of them.

Also I think I'll take a couple more shots side by side.

IMG_20210307_094427644.jpg

7 hours ago, Ric said:

image.png

Am I seeing things?

Muddy was only talked about during the angel part of the discussion I believe ?? not the dragon. "Grey Dragons are exactly what the name implies i.e. "an opaque grey base with orange or reddish orange ribbons" The ones I had were all "Rainbo's" no light passes through any marble considered opaque, regardless of base color or manufacturer, that's what opaque means. The Grey color can vary a bit but on an example that exemplifies a "Grey Dragon" the base is a concrete grey, not tan or yellow or translucent. Understanding we could go on forever as the bases and color shades on Peltier or for that matter any marble are endless, we are now in the realm of "Perspectives" I have simply stated the definition. The colors will vary from light grey to dark grey and everywhere in between. As an Akro collector once told me "look I have every color prizename ever made" , " Impossible" unless he was sitting at the end of the rollers and was in possession of every on that spilled off the end. The shades of color, variances and or combinations thereof are almost endless. Another pic from the Peltier marbles info site, the Dragon & the confederate Rainbo are side by side, we all know the base of a confederate rainbo is "Opaque Grey" the two bases match up almost exactly in these pics, the example I posted earlier is a little off grey but as said "shades of any color will vary a little" here's the pics, you can judge for yourself, these are the " Most widely accepted examples & colors" The light reflection plays a little off these but still grey.

LINK : https://www.peltiermarbles.info/copy-of-tracers

BOTH HAVE AN OPAQUE GREY BASE & ARE POSTED AS SUCH, THE COLOR LIKENESS OF THE "OPAQUE GREY" BASES IS SELF EVIDENT.

image.png.f101b241e1cb4362814f8c2e3831a6fc.png

DEFINITION OF GREY, A VERY WIDE SPECTRUM, WE SHOULD BE ( IDEALY ) SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE HERE THE SHADES SHOWN IN THE GRAPH ARE ONLY A FEW OF THEM, I DIDN"T DEEM IT NESSESARY TO POST THEM ALL.THE DEFINITION DOES THAT FOR ME, JUST IN CASE THERE ARE ANY QUESTION AS TO THE COLOR GREY THIS SHOULD CLEAR THEM UP ( I HOPE )

image.png.dc6de153bff6f190b65c122158ba44ff.png

ANOTHER PICTURE OF A GREY DRAGON, COURTESY OF THE AAM FORUM, NEARLY A DUPLICATE TO THE POSTED ONE ON THE PELT SITE, JUST A LITTLE DIFFERENT LIGHTING. " OPAQUE GREY "

image.png.bb245e8e8764c2d2752841017435e40c.png

" I'm out "

7 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Muddy was only talked about during the angel part of the discussion I believe ?? not the dragon. "Grey Dragons are exactly what the name implies i.e. "an opaque grey base with orange or reddish orange ribbons" The ones I had were all "Rainbo's" no light passes through any marble considered opaque, regardless of base color or manufacturer, that's what opaque means. The Grey color can vary a bit but on an example that exemplifies a "Grey Dragon" the base is a concrete grey, not tan or yellow or translucent. Understanding we could go on forever as the bases and color shades on Peltier or for that matter any marble are endless, we are now in the realm of "Perspectives" I have simply stated the definition. The colors will vary from light grey to dark grey and everywhere in between. As an Akro collector once told me "look I have every color prizename ever made" , " Impossible" unless he was sitting at the end of the rollers and was in possession of every on that spilled off the end. The shades of color, variances and or combinations thereof are almost endless. Another pic from the Peltier marbles info site, the Dragon & the confederate Rainbo are side by side, we all know the base of a confederate rainbo is "Opaque Grey" the two bases match up almost exactly in these pics, the example I posted earlier is a little off grey but as said "shades of any color will vary a little" here's the pics, you can judge for yourself, these are the " Most widely accepted examples & colors" The light reflection plays a little off these but still grey.

LINK : https://www.peltiermarbles.info/copy-of-tracers

BOTH HAVE AN OPAQUE GREY BASE & ARE POSTED AS SUCH, THE COLOR LIKENESS OF THE "OPAQUE GREY" BASES IS SELF EVIDENT.

image.png.f101b241e1cb4362814f8c2e3831a6fc.png

DEFINITION OF GREY, A VERY WIDE SPECTRUM, WE SHOULD BE ( IDEALY ) SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE HERE THE SHADES SHOWN IN THE GRAPH ARE ONLY A FEW OF THEM, I DIDN"T DEEM IT NESSESARY TO POST THEM ALL.THE DEFINITION DOES THAT FOR ME, JUST IN CASE THERE ARE ANY QUESTION AS TO THE COLOR GREY THIS SHOULD CLEAR THEM UP ( I HOPE )

image.png.dc6de153bff6f190b65c122158ba44ff.png

ANOTHER PICTURE OF A GREY DRAGON, COURTESY OF THE AAM FORUM, NEARLY A DUPLICATE TO THE POSTED ONE ON THE PELT SITE, JUST A LITTLE DIFFERENT LIGHTING. " OPAQUE GREY "

image.png.bb245e8e8764c2d2752841017435e40c.png

" I'm out "

Yeah it's grey I compared it another greyish base.

as mentioned, I think I need a set of Angels to really compare.

Thanks for helping thus far.

Well, the color palette Chad posted looks gray and so do the non-Angels posted here. It must just be the lighting on the ones from the Pelt Info Site that make them look more tan than gray to me. Muddie4 on that site looks gray to me too, so at least it's not my monitor - it's just me!

I would call the one in the picture just prior a rainbo, it has the grey base of a confederate rebel & a grey dragon but just a rainbo, I have several with this base in the cluster board pic I posted somewhere earlier yesterday. I wish I could tell ya different The one you have posted back 6 posts is a dead ringer for the pics of a grey dragon I have shown. A grey dragon is just a Rainbo but a hard to come by rainbo. I have only had 3 in many, many years. I might have had them before but they never had a name yet. like I said the one you have pictured 6 back is a dead ringer I believe the smaller of the two grey bases you have is a grey dragon. I posted your suspect pic below. A few more pics of yours I'm sure will show it to be a Grey Dragon.

"YOUR PIC"

image.png.23bedd44b7127e984620fe78469dfa89.png

"AAM PIC"

image.png.1c6b52b1e5df0e3fcb80c8a1c621f4af.png

"STOCK PIC"

image.png.3ca5d54226d58da2e4280d2059b9507f.png

A little different shade & different lighting but I believe we have a winner !! In fact

yours is the greyest of the entire bunch !! No new Angel color type but the good

news is you appear to have a "Grey Dragon"  in the first pic here mibber !! Same ribbons 

& almost exactly the same base as the AAM pic. The stock pic looks like it was taken under

a standard light bulb, which gives off a yellow hue. The one you have in the 

first pic here is a Grey Dragon, I'm almost positive, could you "please" take a few

more pics & views of the mib in question, just to make sure ??

Just now, Peltier Mibber said:

Ok great.

I'll take more pictures later this week.

Glad something good came out of all this for ya !!

Chad G.

On 3/20/2021 at 11:28 PM, Chad G. said:

Phew !! I'm glad we nipped that in the bud, I'm lookin for Bills pic of his angels. "Ah" your pic will do nicely Ron, couldn't find Bill's, as said I see more yellow than brown or muddy as you do. Pictures taken by Ron S. courtesy of AAM.  Maybe the person that coined it "muddy base" was wearing sunglasses ??

image.png.f849fae4a7db681ef40e207acf2e778a.png

Ok ...here are three that I think maybe. On very limited knowledge  might qualify . Lol 😆 

But do you think any these qualify for the angel . Just wondering but like most vhtf mibs. my Chances are slim....

✌ ..... Tommy 

20210324_110945.jpg

20210324_110925.jpg

20210324_110907.jpg

20210324_110852.jpg

20210324_110830.jpg

Close but all yours appear to have a whiter translucent base instead of that of the so called muddy base of an angel. Also as Ric said yours are Rainbo's and not NLR's, another story of "close but no cigar" that I am all to familiar with. But also determined me all the more to obtain a real example. Guess I could associate marble hunting with gold mining, "I'm always lookin for a bigger nugget" Hang in there Brother !!.............:character-smileys-238:

21 minutes ago, Ric said:

Hey Tommy, If you look close, I think you'll notice that the Angels are NLR's with six ribbons. What you are showing are Rainbos - cool mibs, but not too uncommon.

19 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Close but all yours appear to have a whiter translucent base instead of that of the so called muddy base of an angel. Also as Ric said yours are Rainbo's and not NLR's, another story of "close but no cigar" that I am all to familiar with. But also determined me all the more to obtain a real example. Guess I could associate marble hunting with gold mining, "I'm always lookin for a bigger nugget" Hang in there Brother !!.............:character-smileys-238:

Thanks Ric and Chad.  I figured but thanks for the confirmation....

Lmfao. ill take any nuggets I can dig bro. Out here in Nevada I'm looking for ghost towns with a decent footprint. Not for gold anymore but to find the dump and see if the kids left all the mibs lol.......🤫

It's all gold to me !!!!!!.......................:character-smileys-238:.................... and a bunch of little ones make one big one !!!!!!!! Wish I had places like that around here to check out. Most all the dumps & homesteads around here are being or have been gleaned to death. " One mans garbage is another's gain" I bet you find some, like you said they weren't looking for mibs.