What a story it could tell . Do you have a favorite well played with marble?

Tommy

I was going through the marbles I put in a jar that had big chips in them and now I know quite a bit more after almost a year. I went back through them with a higher understanding and just thinking what year did some kid play with this looks like a favorite with this much play. 

Anyway just wanted to share my 3/4 in chocolate oxblood . I'm gonna keep it out and maybe some day find one with a little less love . Does anyone else keep ones like this.do you have a favorite that is well played?

20210331_202448.jpg

20210331_202358.jpg

My first mib I got from Mom out of one of her dresser drawers during a move when I was 10 yrs. old, she told me it was her favorite shooter when she wad a child, a little worse for wear but priceless to me. I never started collecting any type of real collection until I was 20 but the mib Mom gave me was always in the back of my mind & I still have it today. Holds a prominent place in my big curio along with all the mibs I've received from Friends. I think it's a Pelt aqua slag but it has so many hits who knows, it really doesn't matter who made it. It's not going anywhere.

421.PNG

422.PNG

Good idea for a topic, Tommy, I'd save that one too, until I found a replacement. And there's a good story behind Chad's marble, so I'd keep that one too. And Bill, that marble looks like an asteroid or something - a keeper, for sure!

I tend to keep beaters that are rare, and something I don't collect, or rare and an example of something I want to collect.

Here's one of the former.

Ric302.jpg.bae60173412cb238dae6d443b28b7235.jpg

It appears someone had some fun with it . . .

4 hours ago, Berryb said:

I have several I cant seem to throw away. I guess I keep 'em in the hope that the marble fairies will show up and work their magic. more to come. Thanks

Bruce

holey rock.jpg

bad brick 1.jpg

Bruce That rock display is awesome 👌 

My favorite is a Sulfide with a sheep insert. It belonged to my grandmother. It sat always in the same place on her desk, in her living room. I played with that marble as far back as I can remember. No doubt I added to several of its wounds. Every time I got the marble off her desk, she always told me "make sure you put that back when you are done playing".  I did just that, I put it back in the exact same spot every time. When she passed away many years ago, I got that marble.