Chocolate 🍫 something

Tommy

• 1 month later...

I still see Vitro.Β  The second group of pictures helped me. The third one down has the very typical V foldΒ in the brown and white. The same butt crack fold as Jabo because Jabo was using the original Vitro machines, shears and set up with the short glass stream from the furnace toΒ the shear. You can also see the v fold in the second picture in the brown.Β 

I don't see the normal number of ribbons for Peltier. it does not flip flop like some Peltier.Β  Odd color combination for Peltier. Vitro used these colors in lots of marbles. How many Peltier do you have with this V fold ? If Peltier, is it NLR or Rainbo ?Β  Β Looks more Vitro and Akro with that white wing pattern to me than Peltier.Β 

• Award 1

Nice. That just helped me out alot also, Ron. If it was mentioned before, I must have either missed it or forgot about the Jabo/ Vitro process connection. I should re-review my Jabos. Great information.

Again, I really don't like to question Ron, because it usually doesn't end well for me - other than getting some more schooling. But I know he doesn't mind a little honest debate either. So I definitely agree it would be weird colors for Pelt, and that the V fold on Pelts is not common (although, I have seen it on more than one). But I do see flipped four ribbon pattern, I think.

Capture.thumb.JPG.9dd8efbc9271f4fc6f673c70de1f2bf3.JPG

It does look like there might be a little separation in the top #1 ribbon, maybe it just dipped below the base a little on the edge?

Β 

• Like 2

A good friendly honest discussion is great. If it is friendly, honest and not attacks. In the end someone always learns more. There are many unanswered questions around marbles and we need to have a open mind to keep moving forward. I have learned something new every week for the past 25 years with marbles. I have never found a human yet that knew everything about marbles. Some may have thought they did. I remember you having some good endings and teaching me Ric.Β  Ten people can look at the same marble and at least five of them will look at or see something that theΒ others do not. Each one of those five or six mayΒ see something different that the other people do. Open eyes and also open mind is required for marbles.Β 

• Like 1
  • Award 2

The fold or butt crackΒ is a Vitro trait that followedΒ over ontoΒ Jabo marbles.Β  Now people call it the Jabo butt crack. But it also appears on as many Vitros as Jabos. It happens a lot when there is a very short glass stream from the furnace to the shear. The glass stream does not have time to turn or twist as it falls, It is so short that it just folds over on itself or into itself as it hits the shear plate or blade. It makes the color form a V or wing pattern where the glassΒ was pulled as it folded into itself. It is sometimes a rough roll mark,. Not cold roll mark just a roll mark. The marble above looks like it has a creaseΒ or roll mark that you could feel. Where the white folded inside with the brown. The actual shear cutΒ lines will be on both sidesΒ of the fold, out some space from the fold.

It is not a Jabo.Β 

Peltier flip fop is when the four colored, two different colorsΒ ribbons meet the opposite color at the cut lines or seams.Β  Two ribbons of blue and two ribbons of green. The end of one blue ribbon meets the end of the green ribbon at the cut line where they meet. Peltier is the only company that does this regularly as standard production. I never understood how that happened or how it was done. Until I saw some originalΒ Peltier equipment blue prints. Then it was simple. I was shocked that no other company did it .Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Most people know the Peltier flip flop. I did not put it into words very good. I do not see the colors flip flop in this marble above.

Peltier flip flopΒ where the ribbon color ends at the cut lines.

blueΒ  Β meetsΒ  Β greenΒ Β 

greenΒ  meetsΒ  blue

The marble above where the ribbon color ends at the cut lines.Β 

redΒ  Β meetsΒ  white

redΒ  Β meetsΒ  whiteΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β 

If Peltier flip flop it would beΒ 

redΒ  Β  meetsΒ  Β white

whiteΒ  Β meetsΒ  Β red

• Award 2

I think straight-on shots of the seams might help clear this up, because I'm still not seeing two same color ribbons on the same half of the marble. Although that top red ribbon looks like it was pushed up toward the other side by the fold.

Β 

Capture.JPG

I thought the flip-flop was more like:

LEFTΒ  |Β  RIGHT

redΒ Β Β Β  |Β  white

white |Β  red

or rotated to the other seam:

white |Β  red

redΒ Β Β Β  |Β  white

• 1 year later...