Phew !!

Chad G.

Definitely not used to this. I live in the Pacific Northwest because I like the cooler temps and yes !! the rain. At only 48 miles from the west coast I never thought I'd see temps over 110 degrees but at 112 yesterday and a forecasted 114 today my AC is and has been on and still average 85 in the house in a cloud of air that's bee circulated and recircuited through the house. A big break on the way tonight, maybe down to 70 tonight (I hope) that's almost a 45 degree drop  :white-flag-25:

image.png.c3e76c882f16de243c967d31cd7f6d11.png

It's been brutal. So much for it rains everyday in Seattle. I use to fight fires and seeing the changes in climate that have increased the fire seasons to burn into the late fall months is a reality. So do a rain dance and pray for rain.

I was a Machinist Mate in the Navy, worked in a 125 deg. nuclear engine room (when it was ventilated)  so was a fully trained fireman when I was 17, well acquainted with heat, 39 years ago when I was a kid. The only other fire experience was slash burning, putting out the burn, digging fire trails & catching the fires when they jumped the lines, mop up etc.. so yes backbreaking work but when your young and full of vinegar !!"I been prayin & doin the rain dance, supposed to get the onshore flow of cool 85 deg. wind going tonight so a welcome breeze, 4th of July comin up and all those fireworks doesn't bode well for firefighters. One of 2 things when I was a kid, join the Navy or be a jumper, So I guess I got a bit of both ??

I was the Class of 90. I got to see Alaska and get paid for it. I loved jump'n out of a plane on my way to work. I got busted up on a jump and couldn't pass the physical after 2 years on light duty. I started in NV in 1981 and finished out my career in Boulder CO in 2001. I loved it. It's a young person's job for sure. 

11 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Definitely not used to this. I live in the Pacific Northwest because I like the cooler temps and yes !! the rain. At only 48 miles from the west coast I never thought I'd see temps over 110 degrees but at 112 yesterday and a forecasted 114 today my AC is and has been on and still average 85 in the house in a cloud of air that's bee circulated and recircuited through the house. A big break on the way tonight, maybe down to 70 tonight (I hope) that's almost a 45 degree drop  :white-flag-25:

image.png.c3e76c882f16de243c967d31cd7f6d11.png

Wow Chad I was thinking of you when I saw the weather up there cooler here in Vegas than up there in your neck of the woods drink lots of water bro 🧊. I'm used to the heat if its 70 I need a jacket lol....

Ahh!!! That's what I'm "talkin bout" 9:00 and a roaring 68 deg. Temp went down 43 degrees in 4 hours, my brain was cookin, man what  scorcher, hopefully not a forbearer of things to come ??

image.png.5e4a271ae7e76b3d2e97abcdc5a1a01b.png  Suweeet relief  !!

6 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

I was the Class of 90. I got to see Alaska and get paid for it. I loved jump'n out of a plane on my way to work. I got busted up on a jump and couldn't pass the physical after 2 years on light duty. I started in NV in 1981 and finished out my career in Boulder CO in 2001. I loved it. It's a young person's job for sure. 

I can't imagine doing the thigs I used to do, "yes" a young mans gambit for sure, I only wish I could still do what I did then. A small world indeed.

I’m so sorry you all are having to go through this. I’m used to humid heat which is the worst (Virginia) (Florida)and Southwest dry heat which I love and the husband likes it cold so, you could hang meat in my house and I am in sweats and it is 90 degrees outside today. I love it in the northwest-I cannot imagine roads buckling and no air central air. When I was there it was so beautiful and lush-verdant. I love rain too! 

We had a road just outside town (Highway 44) buckle UP in a spot just a couple weeks ago. It was like hitting a speed bump at 60mph! Amazingly, I don't think anyone's cars were damaged (that I heard of 😕)

99 today made it hard day to move. Got 4 loads in before it hit 95. No breeze didn't help. I drank my gallon of water by Noon. Your still getting baked and Canada is experiencing high temps that have never happened before. Brutal ! 

121 in British Columbia. I lived in Tuscon for 6 years and expected it to be hot. I moved back to Colorado 15 years ago. Thin blood for sure. Now I wear long john here when it's 40 degrees. Pretty wimpy. But I don't carry. It was funny seeing people break out their Winter clothing in Tucson when it was in the 60's. Seriously. 

A mild December of 30s and 40's isn't bad at all...we only had one stretch earlier this year hitting-30 or so for lows. With the light, loving it now. It's right at 9pm now and still a little light. Don't like the days when it's dark going on 5pm.