Thüringen Thursday

Steph

43 minutes ago, Ric said:

Ric774.jpg.a039aa5c6211826b2c3f17d75ecee016.jpg

Well . . . I tried.

Believe me Ric, if I had to duplicate those Sulphide pics I took I don't think I could do it again. I canned well over 100 retakes before I got the camera to focus on the figure instead of the surface of the glass, if I remember right it had a lot to do with a combination of the correct wattage on the bulb & neutral background. I have to say, Sulphides are probably not only the most difficult marble I've ever had to photograph but the most difficult thing I've ever had to photograph period.

Last ones for today

Ric779.jpg.67a915272cae22572dbccda5b587da00.jpg

Can you tell I don't collect these? My relationship to these types of marbles really makes me feel defective as collector. If they fall into my lap, I won't usually throw them in the creek unless they're really beat, but beyond that, they don't get any love around here. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the talent involved in making them and all, and I do find some of them attractive, but these marbles have been buried in a drawer for at least a decade since I last saw them and I've already had my fill.

I have no idea what most of them are called and I really could care less.

Maybe I'm just a horrible person. lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ric said:

Last ones for today

Ric779.jpg.67a915272cae22572dbccda5b587da00.jpg

Can you tell I don't collect these? My relationship to these types of marbles really makes me feel defective as collector. If they fall into my lap, I won't usually throw them in the creek unless they're really beat, but beyond that, they don't get any love around here. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the talent involved in making them and all, and I do find some of them attractive, but these marbles have been buried in a drawer for at least a decade since I last saw them and I've already had my fill.

I have no idea what most of them are called and I really could care less.

Maybe I'm just a horrible person. lol

Some nice lookn lutz! I'm the same way about sulphides, no real interest....I have them just because, but i like everything else so much more.