Woody?

Berryb

Hello Bruce, I think yous is a Master as well. I believe "woody" is a Pelt term ?? With all the stretching and sharing of names ?? Here are some pix of  from the "Peltier Marbles info site"  Woody, standing for the woodgrain looking & colored ribbons or patch on one side, true woody's are considered "HTF Rainbo's"

LINK https://www.peltiermarbles.info/unique-examples

image.png.775f8f47ef798bde55dfd507ee694796.png

image.png.b942c290b91b20ba1db752b42006a6f6.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berryb said:

I have read "woody"  as a term for marbles but do not remember any kind of explanation to go with it. It makes more sense to have it narrowed down.  Thanks

Bruce

You're Welcome Bruce. Yes used pretty loosely and liberally, this just made more sense to me than alot of the other information going around.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, Chad G. said:

Hello Bruce, I think yous is a Master as well. I believe "woody" is a Pelt term ?? With all the stretching and sharing of names ?? Here are some pix of  from the "Peltier Marbles info site"  Woody, standing for the woodgrain looking & colored ribbons or patch on one side, true woody's are considered "HTF Rainbo's"

LINK https://www.peltiermarbles.info/unique-examples

image.png.775f8f47ef798bde55dfd507ee694796.png

image.png.b942c290b91b20ba1db752b42006a6f6.png

LOL I always thought they where named after the cars!! back in the day! never even thought of real wood i see that now! lol thank you for straightening me out!! 

15 minutes ago, Berryb said:

I think the time may be right for Woodie for all other makers with wood grain mibs and Woody for Pelts.  We already do Rainbo and rainbow. Too nit picky? Ok Prob'ly not a good idea. Thanks

Bruce

You have a good point Bruce, would reduce at least some of the "name game" confusion for those serious enough about this hobby !! But take forever to straighten out & indeed many are set in their ways and don't want change, and are unwilling to learn, I know I had to bend a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

D@mm it Chad ! Don’t kick me off the Board for saying this. A Burnt Woody is something all wildland firefighters try to avoid. I’m with Gladys on this one. I’d rather think about driving a Woody with a surf board in the back.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣💥

Just sticking to mibs & I.D.'s no intentional misuse of names in "other" professions or offense intended.. I worked in the woods too, we tried to avoid "Fire Devils" coming up the gorge through the timber behind us and eating us alive. Running uphill for a half a mile or more w/ your face planted to the ground eating dirt it's so steep & burning sticks hitting you in the back of the head is no fun, I agree !!

37 minutes ago, akroorka said:

OP ID

Opie Taylor is a 6-year-old from Mayberry, North Carolina.

He is the main reason that we find marbles in the middle of corn fields.

OP.jpg

Bahahahaha!  Good one!

Rick, OP = Original Post in a thread ... or Original Poster who started the thread.