Slags & Swirls Saturday!!

William

On 1/6/2024 at 11:57 AM, Jeff54 said:

Another old photo from my old money-marbles bag series, in 2002.  MFC Hand-gathered, 9's and swirls. A 1-1/4" MFC, various 5/8-3/4" Oxblood Bricks, including a 7/8" Akro Black brick, (right of green slag, abought right-center) and even a Vacor Hand gathered 1" Atmosphere in CAC lavender/Yellow cobra colors.  (Giant Vacor H-G Cobra)

Moreover, from beginning of MFC to End Vacor company's production in one bag. 

MFCgroup12192002.jpg.9931fe81bf391912ef37da37b03598c8.jpg

Can you post additional photos of the marble that is green/orange(red?) To the right of the large brown slag pictured center?  The pattern looks an awful lot like Christensen Agate which would make this one particularly interesting

4 hours ago, slagmarble said:

Can you post additional photos of the marble that is green/orange(red?) To the right of the large brown slag pictured center?  The pattern looks an awful lot like Christensen Agate which would make this one particularly interesting

I believe you are referring to the green and red with a virtually perfect nine pattern. 

It's a wet mint marble that defies identification as the green is mixed with clear, a bit of white, and quite reactive to ultraviolet light. 

UVgreennred.jpg

Old, like late 90's Photoshopped collage to show the different glass that's mixed in. It matches the colors best.

Below; I have attempted to capture a new and better shots, but have not been as successful as I was many years ago. It lights up!

MFC red N green UV-3-4.jpg

1876219388_MFCredNgreenUV-2.jpg.c3e83595

Red is too orange-like-and not dark as 1st photo is. Not exactly Oxblood either but close. I have never seen anything like it. Not CAC, Maybe Akro and Doubt MFC for the red, albeit Bob Block thinks it is an MFC, others lack experience or certainty. There's nothing else like it. (Refer to the 1st photo for its shade of red)MFCgreenandred1.jpg.8a084afbd488ce1dc613584efbb07785.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Award 1

3 minutes ago, slagmarble said:

I wouldn't have a problem calling this CA, it's a known color combo for hand gathered examples  . . .

Thanks for showing another great HG marble - I can certainly see a similarity in the red on yours and Jeff's.

2 hours ago, slagmarble said:

I wouldn't have a problem calling this CA, it's a known color combo for hand gathered examples though I have to admit yours is a whole lot nicer than mine!IMG_20240114_160341882.thumb.jpg.d91da67b9b4cbf026d598fe30ee81c4e.jpgIMG_20240114_160328100.thumb.jpg.56cb5a42f87cdb918c5f9114db09a2e3.jpg

Yeah. I know that Orange and Green, I have one like it, the very same colors, with a whiptail but it's not Hand-gathered. I don't have a photo to show. Besides mine, I have not seen but a few, a very long time ago. Mine pretty much has the same orange lines and there is not a nine pattern rather, more like a striped opaque, and where it was cut off, it got a nice  (about 1/4") hook-shaped whiptail slapped on it. For lack of a nine and or swirling pattern, it's mind-boggling as to how or why there's a tail. I have never understood CAC's ability to have a tail off a side of cut-off that is not a dribbling strand of stretched glass on the surface and not HG..

• 2 weeks later...

This one is between 3/4” and 7/8”. White with an amberish/greenish base glass.
Yes, it is out of round—still pretty cool.
I think that it must be an Alley Agate.
I appreciate all opinions and look forward to them.
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Like 3